Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Shopping for mirrors

4K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  BoneJj 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a decent pair of aftermarket mirrors (for the Custom)? Big and oval preferred, but anything not too dorky or too bling is fine. I've never liked the look of the stock mirrors but I've lived with them because they work pretty well. I won't replace them unless I can find something that works as well or better, but my experience with aftermarket mirrors on other bikes has not been good ... Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
In the mean time, try flipping the stockers over so the smaller end is on the outside. It looks a lot better (imo) and less like they were robbed off a '70s Datsun. Just grab them & rotate them 180 degrees. It'll take all of 20 seconds, and if you don't like it you can turn em back around.

#3 ·
I.... Like that idea.

I Kid of like having the extra bit of mirror on the outside but I'll have to give it a shot and see if it's tolerable. It might help with headlight glare a little as well. I have to have my mirrors angled pretty far because I have wide damn shoulders and I my arms end up in the mirrors on all my friends bikes, lol. I call them all scrawny little bastards, of course they are seeing as they are like 5'2'' and 5'4'' and don't weight more than 140 at the most. Damn little twigs, lol. I'm 6' and 275.... lol.

#8 ·
Those mirrors are pretty cool. And it would certainly help me to know that I've left my turn signal on.... Who was the idiot that thought it was a smart idea to mount the indicator lights 1/2 way down the damn tank???? Why couldn't they have put a rim across the top of the speedometer that let you know something was up???

#15 ·
I think the replies so far really highlight the problem. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of inexpensive aftermarket mirrors that work and look good. I didn't want turn signal mirrors, just a quick swap for something more stylish. The stock mirrors perform well and I'm assuming they're not expensive, so how hard can it be? I'm sticking with my rotated stockers.

#18 ·
those first ones aren't bad looking... I wish they had more pics of them though. I personally would love to add some blinker ones as it would help me to turn my damn blinker off.... I really hate the idiot that put the blinker indicator down below the speedometer.

I say this because I ended up driving a good 2 miles with my blinker on tonight because my goggles block my downward view and I can't see the light flashing... lol.

#22 ·
it doesnt replace the switch. what it does is that it puts the signal on a timer. i think the longest it stays on is 30 secs. honestly i wouldnt get it because you never know how long you will be waiting to turn and by that time the signal will go off and then you might get pulled over or seem like a douche for not using your signals.

#23 ·
slight correction. after reading thru the page again. the new unit has a built in function so if you are pressing the brake, the signal will not get timed out. that is a good feature.

BRAKE OVERRIDE OPTION suspends the time-out feature until the brakes are released. This allows continued flashing for those times when you are waiting at the signals to make a turn and do not want the time-out to cancel the flashing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.