Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we love our Voyager. Have done a lot of mods to make it ours. But the Victory Cross Country Tour has grabbed ahold of me and will not let go. I have ridden a buddy's Vision last fall - LOVE the ride, hate the looks. In my opinion the XCT has a more classic look that appeals to me. But as of this time we have no direct comparison.

Mrs. and I are going to try to catch a promo close to us so we can ride the actual bike to see if it is right for us. (She is alright with the purchase if it is comfy enough for her!) A win right off the bat!

I understand a bike is a personal choice, what fits me will not fit anyone else, even same height, weight, ability, etc. That being said, has anyone out there with a Voyager ridden a Cross County Tour, and what were your general impressions? I'm looking for real people's (this great forum's member's) opinions, not promotional stuff I have been watching/reading on the web. It seems even the Moto-magazine reviews are skewed. Almost like they are regurgitating the dealer brochure.

Thank you in advance if you take the time to reply. I've got the fever. I'm sure you guys and gals know how that feels........

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't have a Voyager but I have a Nomad. I rode the Victory last year. To me looks are not as important as to ride, fitness to me and my wife and reliability of the product. That being said I was only able to ride it alone. The wife was recovering from surgery. I am 6'2" and 190lbs. The Victory allowed me to stretch out more than the Nomad which is the same as the Voyager. The wind was a lot more controlled on the Victory than on the Nomad. I have ridden the Voyager but don't remember how the buffetting was. The controls all were easy to reach and see. The radio if that is important to you seemed fine. The one I drove did not have the heal shifter but I know it is an option. It had plenty of power and shifted smoothly. The ride I had was a lot shorter than other test rides I have done. Would have preferred a lot longer ride before I plug down that kind of money. I am sure you will get a lot more responses from others but it is a bike I would consider in 2 years when mine is paid off. I drove a Harley at a test ride too and really liked it. Going to be a hard decision in 2. Voyager, Victory or Harley. Will most likely be my last bike so I need to make the right decision. A lot may change in 2 years. Good Luck with yours!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
You won't go wrong with the Cross Country Tour,it's a nice bike. My buddy traded is Voyager in on one last season and doesn't regret it a bit. I rode it for About 50 miles. I thought the ride and handling was great. Stereo sounded much better and the power was good. The heated grips are a nice feature. There is definitely more leg room with the cross country. Also the option to add reverse is nice.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have test ridden the CCT a couple times, I thought it performed very well and had more leg room. I do not like (any) fork mounted fairing, and I do not like the 'edges and wedges' styling theme but both of those gripes are personal preference.
My wife did go for a ride with me and although she initially liked the seating position and extra room, we went only a few miles before she was pounding on my shoulder to turn around and go back, the vibration in the footboards was a deal-breaker for her.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Both great bikes,I road both and decided if the two bikes were standing side by side and I could have my pick, I would probably pick the victory, but if they told me if I pick the voyager they would give me $10,000 dollars I would pick the voyager.We have a voyager and love it.For the record my wife thinks the voyager is the best bike [better looking, more comfortable] as for me after 10000 miles I think it is just as comfortable and better looking and $10,000 cheaper.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I rode several tourers before buying the Voyager.
I made the following post after trying the XCT.

I am 100% positive I made the right decision in buying the VV.:)

BTW, you cannot judge the XCT by the Vision. The Vision is an awesome ride; if my home financial controller liked the pillion seat better I would have one.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28784

Scott

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Wife and I test rode a xct about a year and half back. It was not a bad bike, but, I felt My voyager actually had a lot more roll on power. The cruise on the bike we rode was scary. It may have needed adjustment. Bike would really surge bad when you would try to pull the clutch to dis-engage cruise. I did not feel comfortable on the bike, but that is probably just because I am use to the voyager. Wife had more room, but, as another post states here, She did not like the bike due to severe vibrations in her back and feet. Radio was good. Bike seemed light and nimble but overall, I won't be buying one. I am still very pleased with the voyager. Kawasaki has a winner with the technology they have incorporated in the bike. Will be another one for me someday. I am waiting for Kawasaki to put the VN2000 motor in the voyager chassis with just a little stretch to give rider and passenger each a couple extra inches. Now that would be one sweet bike there.
Shep

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks you guys. This is just what I'm looking for. Graybush and Scott, awesome reviews. It gives me that "general impression" of what to watch for when we go test ride one (if the polar frickin' vortex - stupid name to go with the stupid cold) ever releases it's grip on us. I have made notes and will help me get that glossy eyed rose colored glasses feeling pushed aside.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a 2014 two tone CXT! Looked long and hard at HD Love the paint, and really cool touch screen navigation! Dig the old school look of the ultra limited, and Hd added some water cooling!! Surprise!! Looked at a new Voyager, and they are not 10k cheaper than the CXT, but cost was not my main focus. For innovation, comfort and reliability, I went with victory. Boss say's I can keep my little 9er,:D cuz I got so much in it, can't afford to sell it!!:pI add the heal shift!

·
Registered
127 Posts
We have a 2010 VV and love it, been alot of places with it, rain, cold, wind and has never let us down but I have been looking at the CC & XCT..Really love the look, never rode one yet, just sat on them...Have 32,000 miles on mine, looks showroom new still, heck, I'll keep it alitlle longer!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've seen the YouTube video's between the HD and Victory engines from Arizona Victory, wow, the Victory had the HD beat by a long shot......I like my VV but have the itch for a XCT or even the CC................

·
Registered
453 Posts
Might be a little salesmanship in the u tube videos, but there is not a lie in any of it! I looked a HD ultra classic for a long time, and bought a Vic.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have done many test rides on the Victory bikes. For the ride you can't beat the Vision. Sometimes you just have to get past the looks and go with what rides the best.

If you have ever ridden in cross winds you will prefer the frame mounted fairing of the vision and Voyager over the handlebar mounted fairing of the cross country tour.

A friend and I were travelling out west and he was following me. When we stopped he said I looked like I was riding on rails and he was being blown all over the road.

The two victory bikes that appeal to me are the "Green" Cross Country, because I love the looks, and the "Hard Ball" because it is Bad Azz and can still carry luggage.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Thank you in advance if you take the time to reply. I've got the fever. I'm sure you guys and gals know how that feels........
al, take a look, then take a ride on a new Injun chief. Polaris did x'lent job of marrying old skool charm w/new skool tech. it's not a Vic motor, but is one up from those engineers. The motor, the frame, suspension etc is 2014 tech. The look is 1950. They go for 19-21-23k but can be had on a promo minus a grand. Not cheap but worth chekin out.
I went all out got me a piece of butt jewlry chief'tane. WhooHoo this be a gas to ride! ponchout

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
al, take a look, then take a ride on a new Injun chief. Polaris did x'lent job of marrying old skool charm w/new skool tech. it's not a Vic motor, but is one up from those engineers. The motor, the frame, suspension etc is 2014 tech. The look is 1950. They go for 19-21-23k but can be had on a promo minus a grand. Not cheap but worth chekin out.
I went all out got me a piece of butt jewlry chief'tane. WhooHoo this be a gas to ride! ponchout
Sooooo, that's where you've been? You left us for the Indian rider's forum? Let's see some pictures! Glad to have you back!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Sooooo, that's where you've been? You left us for the Indian rider's forum? Let's see some pictures! Glad to have you back!
zigrs, 2 bizzy work n riding.. Injuns got them a 4um? I put sum pix at otter bikes Stable Mates. looky ther 4 the goods. ponchout

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I've demo'd the Indians twice now. Nice bikes, but I wouldn't consider them cross country touring bikes. They do not provide the weather protection, cargo capacity, or roominess of true road warrior bikes. Don:t gete wrong, I would love to have on sitting in a conditioned garage to be ridden on Saturdays too HD gatherings. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts