Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm looking at the rj platinum and 2 stores selling it got great reviews. I will order one this week, got a email with $20 off any order over I believe $100. From Cycle Gear.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought the RJ Platinum R last year mostly for running around town. I like it - very comfortable. What do you want to know?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the RJ Platinum R last year mostly for running around town. I like it - very comfortable. What do you want to know?
I am not sure. I wear the rf1100 that I love and was looking for something for warmer weather and thought that helmet looked like an option. Does it look like a big bubble on your head? Is it comfortable? I have a scorpion exo200 open face that makes you look like a martian and it hurts my neck because of how it is weighted. Thanks for your replies guys.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am not sure. I wear the rf1100 that I love and was looking for something for warmer weather and thought that helmet looked like an option. Does it look like a big bubble on your head? Is it comfortable? I have a scorpion exo200 open face that makes you look like a martian and it hurts my neck because of how it is weighted. Thanks for your replies guys.
Ahhhh I see. I'm probably not the best guy to answer then. I don't really give a hoot what it looks like on me - not like I can see it when I'm riding anyway and I don't care much what anyone else thinks about what I wear. I normally wear a full face and bought this because I needed a 2nd helmet so that I could give my son a ride once in a while (same size head) and because I'd never had an open face helmet before but, like you, figured it would be nicer on hot days but still give reasonable protection (at least more than a half-shell at least). Anyway, as I said - I find it quite comfortable, and it's a lot lighter than my full face so I'm happy with it. I can't say I've ever had a sore neck because of any helmet, but I do notice the lightness of this one compared to my FF.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The Shoei I returned, did not fit right and had mushroom head. Bought the HJC IS33 with the optional smoked face shield and love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts