Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just come back from a 4500 mile tour across South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, great stuff.

No problems with my Voyager except now I have lost and can not maintain the air pressure in both rear shocks.

My dealer tells me it is unusual to have a problem with both.

Anyone else experienced this?

My gear selector indicator has also gone a bit special jumping around when I change up, gear box is fine just the led display.

Under warranty and going back in to the dealer next week but would like some feedback if anyone else has has this.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
The shocks are not normal to leak. The gear indicator having a mind of its own is common. Notunusual for it to show the wrong gear for a coule seconds after shifting, 3rd-6th up shifting snd any going back down.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes agree the gear sensors do have a mind of their own totally. Really does when pulling a trailer and bike is heated up especially then. I find when trailer is not on bike it works pretty decent but does take time to register what gear it is in.

The shocks hummm that would be a new one both at once for sure never heard of that myself. I just had a friend here in Edmonton, Alberta that had a shock failure leaking fluid and I suspect it is because she stores her bike outside in winter here in a bike tent and that the cold weather breaks down the seals eventually. Listen to this a shocker for you a price tag of $560.00 for one shock not installed. I would have myself bought Progressive shocks as a pair of them would have been that price alone. Wish she would have checked with me before she had the bike shop replace the one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts