Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it difficult/ costly to ship into Canada?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Is it difficult/ costly to ship into Canada?
kadena.. wtf?.. watt happened to NAFTA?.. I ship instruments all over the US, Mehico, carribean even shipped orders to Italy.. no problems.

Kadena is in its own world.. they are the biggest pain in the azz to get stuff in or out of that country.. I dont understand what the problem is.. I think they have decided they are seperate/better than USA and want to be part of Europe.. thats my take on having to deal with.. particularily Quebec.. but Ontario fares no better.. Most Vancouver stuff,, they'r smart..er.. have Seattle area warehouses.. they take care of xing the border..

I think we should have finished the job when we kicked GB off the continent. it mite not be too late, S.Park did an expose on the subject.. dont get me started, mehico is on my radar too. ponchout

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahahaha.. Gotcha!! Thanbks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
kadena.. wtf?.. watt happened to NAFTA?.. I ship instruments all over the US, Mehico, carribean even shipped orders to Italy.. no problems.

Kadena is in its own world.. they are the biggest pain in the azz to get stuff in or out of that country.. I dont understand what the problem is.. I think they have decided they are seperate/better than USA and want to be part of Europe.. thats my take on having to deal with.. particularily Quebec.. but Ontario fares no better.. Most Vancouver stuff,, they'r smart..er.. have Seattle area warehouses.. they take care of xing the border..

I think we should have finished the job when we kicked GB off the continent. it mite not be too late, S.Park did an expose on the subject.. dont get me started, mehico is on my radar too. ponchout
Wow. My brain is going to start melting. WTF was that? drinking this early in the day? :rolleyes: Um no, Im pretty sure we dont think were better then you guys, especially considering Ive yet to encounter anyone that has earnestly thought that.

*ANYWAY* No its not the least bit hard to ship to Canada, it depends on the size of the package. For the small stuff (as in, about the size of a large shoebox or less), Id recommend USPS, then it'll be forwarded to Canada post (our version of USPS). For the larger items You can use the typical couriers such as FedEx, UPS, Purolater, that sort of thing. I ship a lot of stuff south of the border, and receive a lot as well.

What a lot of people do is send the very large packages to a border storage facility, then often drive down there to pick it up. Where is it going? and how big is it? I can work with you on this end in the event you have any issues or further questions.
No it really isn't expensive to ship anything here. The same rules apply to stuff staying in the states, it comes down to size, weight, and how fast you need it to get there.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Graham, I am selling a Cobra FI powerpro, on Ebay, and I had a gentleman ask if I could ship to Canada. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but wasn't sure

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Wow. My brain is going to start melting. WTF was that? drinking this early in the day? :rolleyes: Um no, Im pretty sure we dont think were better then you guys, especially considering Ive yet to encounter anyone that has earnestly thought that.
gm, you just did. I have been doing this business for 40 years. Working with Canadian companies are the most frustrating. I order instruments from Honeywell Analytic/Vulcain industries, Neptronic, Ecobee and host of other electronic devices that are mfg or sourced thru Qb/Ont/Bc.. everything takes 2 weeks more than standard US/mehico shipment to clear customs. Warranty returns? forget about it. its cheaper for me to Toss it in the trash and eat it than to fill out all the customs documents and shipping fees. It is unfortunate, but my experiences in dealing with Canada have not been that rosey. perhaps mine are the exception. I doubt it. when searching for solutions to problems and come across Canadian sourced, I will try to find another solution. its just that bad..
Not that this writing is going to make any difference in the world, but perhaps some might hear it and realize not everybody is pleased with, happy and in love with Canada. its a beautiful place to visit, I will leave it at that.. poncho

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I heard they have a Donkey show in Toronto.....except instead of a donkey it's just a dude...

...actually, all I heard was that they have live, full intercourse sex shows....someone probably should look into shipping them a donkey.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Poncho, you're a great guy, absolutely. I was just surprised to see you go off like that over such a simple question. I didn't know about the shipping woes you've encountered, I very much apologize for your troubles in terms of that. Oddly enough, Ive yet to hear that from anybody, but its interesting to see how it is from your end. Thats all, I hope you didn't take that offensively...

Thanks Graham, I am selling a Cobra FI powerpro, on Ebay, and I had a gentleman ask if I could ship to Canada. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but wasn't sure
Oh really? Jeez, is it the F1200R for a 900? (such as this one)
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-PowrPro-Processor-2006-2012-Kawasaki/dp/B0068FUTAW[/ame]
If so, Id be interested in buying that off you as well.
All in all, I believe to ship something of that size, can be done for under $20-30, as it would be quite a small box.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poncho, you're a great guy, absolutely. I was just surprised to see you go off like that over such a simple question. I didn't know about the shipping woes you've encountered, I very much apologize for your troubles in terms of that. Oddly enough, Ive yet to hear that from anybody, but its interesting to see how it is from your end. Thats all, I hope you didn't take that offensively...

Oh really? Jeez, is it the F1200R for a 900? If so, Id be interested in buying that off you as well.
All in all, I believe to ship something of that size, can be done for under $20-30, as it would be quite a small box.
It's for the 1700's, I did read for international shipping, it would take anywhere from 11 to 23 days. Didn't have a price cost for it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
^ Yeah thats typical if you were to use something like USPS. It took two weeks for the sissy bar I just sold on here to arrive at his place using the same way.

Any courier service would be much faster, but I just cant justify the prices they charge.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I hope you didn't take that offensively...
gm, now why would i do that? Everybody has both experiences and from those experiences, derived opinions about every subject matter under heaven.. A questions was asked, and I answered it from my extensive business experiences.. nobody made any Personal derogatory comments or statements.. not you nor I.. that is usually where discussions go off track. Somebody either takes a remark personally where it is not intended, or somebody actually makes a derogatory comment about another person.. I wrote that "shipping" to/from Canada was a pain in the azz because canadian customs is a Bottle Neck.. that is not a defametory statement toward either Canada or its people. Canadian customs could use a bit of Nafta upgrading.. Mehico has no problems,, moving material, guns, drugs and illegals.. why should Canada?.. oh, thats rite, they'r Sovereign.. we gave up that status yrs ago, six to be exact.

I did state that "we" should have kicked GBs butt further and rid all of N.Am of thier colonial aspirations.. we failed in 1812 and then wimped out again in 1849, reference St Joseph island vancouver BC.. we had just completed the westward expansion to the Pacific and was in process of wheeling our Navy north.. in essence we were looking to pick a fight w/GB.. cooler heads prevailed. hence the US-Canadian border from Duluth Mn to Vancouver BC is mostly a strate line, 42nd parallel?

so if anybody has gotten dissed it would be some Limey's over the pond, but they got no skin in this game, so why should they jump in the fray? poncho

·
Registered
140 Posts
Contact...uship.com ...maybe they can help you. Sign up, its free, put in destination, point of origin and what the item is, and put up a bid of what you would pay to ship it there and you will get offers. I have used them to ship autos across country. Professional and never had a problem with damages.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey GrahamM. I don't know how we have survived so long in Canada. Of course I have to keep in mind that Tex is jus this side of heaven. Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
seriously? i live in CANADA at the border. go across to Idaho, pick up and/or ship items with no paperwork or hassle whatsoever. order online(yes we have the internet) and never have a problem. Ridiculous post by Poncho, obviously drunk and not well informed. Take it back or face the wrath of Canada. Which really only amounts to getting you drunk and leaving you outside. Actually, thats not funny... to us.

And that is all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
By the way, Canada was founded by Scots, not Brits. Big difference.

Now that is all I have to say about that. Going to shut off the water taps to the US now.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
seriously? i live in CANADA at the border. go across to Idaho, pick up and/or ship items with no paperwork or hassle whatsoever. order online(yes we have the internet) and never have a problem. Ridiculous post by Poncho, obviously drunk and not well informed. Take it back or face the wrath of Canada. Which really only amounts to getting you drunk and leaving you outside. Actually, thats not funny... to us. And that is all I have to say about that.
cork'ed.. your sig pic says it all. ida'hoser.. you forgit that I was born n raised by can'ukers and happen to be French/Canadian by heritage,, theyr like our retarded couzins, fambly, mite well love em cuz yor stuk with em. poncho

·
Registered
236 Posts
I live in Canada, I buy often on ebay and other site
and personally i'm not a big fan of ordering form the states, as shipping is usually pretty expensive.
i can order the same item from china and get free shipping. but i don't do returns to china china, because canada post is also very expensive, so instead of return i just turn around sell my "returns" locally

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I actually shipped a tour pak to a Canadian :D. But he lived near the Border so I shipped it to the nearest US post office to him and that ended up cutting the cost in half. USPS will ship to Canada, as well. I've shipped a couple things to Canada and never have had a problem. Slower and costs a bit more but otherwise it's no different. You'll probably have to fill out a customs form. And get a shipping quote beforehand.

My younger brother is currently deployed and I ship stuff to him all the time too. Expensive and slow despite shipping to an APO. I was very surprised, and impressed, that my Amazon Prime shipping will ship to him for free. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy it on Amazon, shipped free straight to him, than to ship him whatever it is. That's how I've done his birthday and Christmas gifts too (they even come gift wrapped!). Actually the Military is the big road block. I'll get confirmation that it had been handed over to then and it was on base, and it might be two weeks before he's got it.

Point being, it's no big deal. Go to your post office or favorite carrier and get a quote, shoot that quote back to your potential customer, and if they are cool with it do the deal and ship it. Fill out the forms they give you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts