Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
While I was out after Christmas shopping I decided to stop by the HD shop and look around since the Metric shops where close. I saw and HD I almost wanted to take home with me. But then after I left and the glitter of a different bike went away, I realized, its pretty but just not worth the price right now. Plus I love the power of the V2K, but still want a touring bike though.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess attaching them does not produce good pics. Lets try this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You know it's the Kawasaki Green that's attracting you to this obvious ripoff. It had to happen eventually, HD = Kawi wannabee's.

Nice bike though, you have good taste.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Get the REAL THING: A Vaquero, Nomad, or a Voyager. You will be so much happier...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know it's the Kawasaki Green that's attracting you to this obvious ripoff. It had to happen eventually, HD = Kawi wannabee's.

Nice bike though, you have good taste.
Has to be the green, always been partial to it. I think the same thing would have happened if I saw the Green Vaq that Kaw put out a year or so ago.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get the REAL THING: A Vaquero, Nomad, or a Voyager. You will be so much happier...
I probably would. I think it has been the last of riding that got to me. Yesterday was nice enough to get on the V2K and take a short ride on it. Seemed to help a lot. Would love to get a Touring bike when the money comes along.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
The metric stores were closed and HD was open? Common story here too. My son and I got our bikes out last Saturday. It was cold but not bad. In search of something to do we ended up at the only open mcycle store, Woodstock HD.

A short walk around help me realized I really like my Classic LT.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Good looking bike! I'd like an Ultra Classic. Although (And I know I'm in the minority here) I'm kinda partial to the Road Glide also.

Dunno about the green though :p

·
El Jefe
166 Posts
Good looking bike! I'd like an Ultra Classic. Although (And I know I'm in the minority here) I'm kinda partial to the Road Glide also.

Dunno about the green though :p
Romans, have you ever ridden an Ultra? One of my ridding buddies has an 03 Ultra and I rode his and found the ridding position very short and cramped as opposed to my 06 1600 Classic. I dont know if the newer bikes are any different or not. I have also ridden the street and road glides and I do like their ride. Still not willing to throw away good money on a Harley when I can ride just as nice a bike for 1/2 the money.:D

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Nice looking Limited.

I test rode a '12 in black and gold before buying my VV.
Strange bike, in that the seat height was too tall; but the rider triangle was cramped with the boards being small and close!?!?

I like the frame mounted fairing of the Road Glide. If it's re-introduced with the liquid cooling and the vent in the fairing; I will be very interested.

Scott

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Romans, have you ever ridden an Ultra? One of my ridding buddies has an 03 Ultra and I rode his and found the ridding position very short and cramped as opposed to my 06 1600 Classic. I dont know if the newer bikes are any different or not. I have also ridden the street and road glides and I do like their ride. Still not willing to throw away good money on a Harley when I can ride just as nice a bike for 1/2 the money.:D
Yes. I've ridden a Road King, Road Glide, and Ultra Classic.

I found it to be a little cramped too. Felt like I was sitting ON the bike, not IN the bike if that makes sense. Was also kind of 'squared off'. Like sitting upright at the kitchen table instead of lounging back kind of slouched back like my VN900. It wasn't bad, it was just different, and smaller than I expected.

It had some shortcomings, and they all had things I loved. As I've said before; Harley-Davidson makes a good motorcycle. They just don't happen to make a motorcycle for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts