Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
my 900 won't shift to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th any suggestions?
Lubricate the shift linkage including greasing the pivot point of the shift lever. Does your clutch start to engage around the mid point of the clutch lever travel? Don't leave your foot touching the shift lever between shifts.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
bike rolling or stopped.......kawasakis will not go into 2nd when stopped

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys all is well i didn't know kawasaki wouldn't go into second sitting still. I feel like a complete ass. lol

·
1,172 Posts
no probs.....you are not the first to ask..and i am 99.99% sure you won't be the last lol....enjoy the new ride dude!!!!!

·
1,172 Posts
And it's not just Kawasaki's, either. Every bike I've owned won't shift when it's sitting still and not rolling.
wow you have had some unique bikes then. as kawasaki is the only manufacturer to have the ez neutral finder feature.......would take me half a day to remember all the bikes i have ridden since i first started riding...but i am sure it would be 100+ bikes and have never run across this feature on a non kawi......now i will say that MOST other bikes need at least a lil rocking back n forth to shift especialy if the engine is not running....

·
Registered
295 Posts
wow you have had some unique bikes then. as kawasaki is the only manufacturer to have the ez neutral finder feature.......would take me half a day to remember all the bikes i have ridden since i first started riding...but i am sure it would be 100+ bikes and have never run across this feature on a non kawi......now i will say that MOST other bikes need at least a lil rocking back n forth to shift especialy if the engine is not running....
I'm not referring to the neutral finder, I meant most bikes won't shift if the bike's not rolling. You might get one other gear but that's usually it. :cool:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Can't agree with you on that one Mini. I've owned (in order): '79 Honda Twin Star, 82, Yami 400 Special, '77 Suzzi GS750 and now my '07 VN900C. All four could be shifted in and out of every gear standing still. With exception of the VN upshifting past neutral (easy neutral finder). But even on that one I can come to a stop in 5th and down shift all the way to 1st. I occasionally have to ease the clutch out to spin things up a bit, but that's all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts