Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my '07 900 not long ago, and need to know if this is normal behavior or not.

When at a stop and starting out in first gear, as I move my feet from the ground to the floorboards I sometimes accidently hit the heel shifter, which moves the bike back into neutral. Is this normal or is there a problem?

It just occured to me that maybe I need to release the clutch quicker, before i'm moving my feet.

My old bike was an '86 MaximX, the pegs were right under my hips and the forward foot position is taking me a little getting used to which is contributing to the problem, I'm fumbling around trying to get my feet on the boards. Rode that old MaximX a long time, :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sounds like an issue that will fix itself with some seat time. I am sure going from a standard to a cruiser would be tough. Sometimes I have issues with shifting from 1st to 2nd. Mine will occasionally slip into neutral then. But I think it is when I start out too slow and don't pull all the way up on the shifter. And I never have gotten comfortable with the heel shifter. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Completely normal!
Kawi's automatic neutral finder. Love it or hate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Guess I'll just have to spend more time in the saddle......oh, woe is me, :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I had that problem too... when I would wear my snowshoes while riding. They catch on everything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me the first two times I left my driveway because of my big feet. Had no idea I could catch 650 lbs of bike. Scared the crap out of me. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts