Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stuipid question. But how do you all keep your throwover bags from shifting to the left/right? I only ask because I noticed today that my setup shifted about 1-2 inches to the left. Not enough to cause any problems, but I am sure there is a solution out there....somewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I presume you also use bag supports, if you do and they are on the bike permanently, may be 2 small holes and a electrical zip tie. .... you could always permanently mount the bags.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I got supports. But they are removable via zipper....so dont really want to zip tie them in place just yet.

·
Registered
658 Posts
maybe grip matting? Most craft shops have it, my wife uses it in our cabinets...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The throw-overs look good on paper, but to expect anything to stay put on a bike going at a reasonable speed (at 50 mph, it's like sitting still in a 50 mph wind, right?), with bumps in the road, some vibrations from the bike, speeding up/slowing down, turning left & right...well, it's alot to ask.

I hard mounted my bags w/ghost brackets. I bet I can get mine on & off my bike almost as fast as you can, and they stay put when I ride.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Oh, and by "bag supports", I think whiting meant the metal "loops" that bolt to the fender struts and support the bags, as well as keeping them from swinging into the rear brake an wheel, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry...let me clarify that. I have a set of cobra supports mounted to the bike, but the bags are removable via zipper. And like I said, I could zip tie them in place, but since I just dropped 2 bills on the set, I would rather find an alternitive to pokin holes in em after just 4 days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts