Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was turned on to SoftBrake foot brake extensions and heel/toe shift lever extensions ... but of course, they are only for HDs! I did, however talk with the owner of the company, who told me he does have a brake lever extension that will fit my 2K. I'm ordering that tomorrow, but they do not have a shift lever for metrics.

Does anyone know of available replacement shift levers for a 2K or how to get a smidge more room on my floorboard with the existing levers?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Unfortunately, at least as far as finding aftermarket goodies goes, the V2K is the red-headed stepchild of the motorcycle industry... When I go to a bike show, I take a small measuring tape and a set of digital calipers with me to grab quick measurements on (usually HD) stuff I think might work on my bike. For example, I saw an Ultra with a center stand that folds up under the floorboards on each side, with the actuation lever poking out right behind the shifter side floorboard. I think I can make it work on my V2K to make the bike easier to park and lift. I have never seen an aftermarket shifter set up as an off the shelf item. I did see a V2K with a foot clutch/suicide shifter setup once and I will admit to lusting after that for a bit...:devil2:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Dvictorh,

I'm not familiar with V2K's but on my 800 I was able to make adjustments on the shifter when I added floorboards where the rod assembly tie is located in the link below. For more room I removed the lever comp. part 13236C where is attaches to a spline. Move it left or right and it will bring the shifter bar up. Hope this helps.
I'm sure someone with more experience will answer soon.

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b2816f8700223e4792c18/gear-change-mechanism-a2

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts