Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've torn the forum apart, and found multiple older threads regarding Shark systems, Kuryakyns, Rumble Road etc. But they're all somewhat older at this point.

I'm wondering, what's the latest on Shark and Kuryakyn? I'm watching a SHKMSDHRS6160H system on eBay... running about $110 shipped. Comes with wired & wireless remote, external antenna, 250w system.

I've also found some sites doing sales on the Sound of Chrome system, right now, though. I can get it new shipped for $278.

On older reviews I've seen mixed info on both sets. Which one has made the best progress over the past couple of years? With my LT I do have the full windshield, but I am on the superslab a lot running around 80. Will either of these cut it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think I'm leanin towards the Sound of Chrome set. I've had a lot of good luck with Kuryakyn to date. I had sent an offer to Shark on one of their fleabay items, and they didn't even respond before time ran out on the offer.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I personally like the Shark radios. Don't buy the 250 watt model though. The 600 watt systems sound way better and do not cost much more. Like Shark motorcycle audio on Facebook. They have friend specials all the time. Last winter I got their 4 speaker, 1000 watt system for $75.00 (really).

I can listen to music doing 80 mph and it's plenty loud. I use a micro-disk for my tunes. . The Blue Tooth works ok, but not great. I am not a big radio station guy so I don't use the fm. I have used a data stick for tunes and it was fine. I really like the ability to customize the sound using the equalizer settings. I have not seen another system this versatile.

For best results, pair the Shark 600 watt with a pair of un-amplified speakers from motorcycletunes. I wouldn't pay for the supposed Polk Audio upgrade. The Clarions sound better. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally like the Shark radios. Don't buy the 250 watt model though. The 600 watt systems sound way better and do not cost much more.
Can my little 900 handle that much extra draw? I know it's not true 600, but still I can't afford to replace my stator every two weeks lol

·
Registered
950 Posts
I had 34000 miles on my 900 before I traded it in on my Triumph. 33000 of it was running a stereo (250, 600, and 100 watt models). Never had a maintenance problem. Currently running a 600 watt system on my T-Bird

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ran a 100 Watt Shark model on my 750. Was able to hear it fine at highway speeds. However, that was with a half helmet and earplugs in. Also had a Memphis Shades Malibu windshield. I couldn't hear much of anything over the wind noise without the earplugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts