Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Nice Video. I liked it. And I am glad you are not quitting your day job for a singing career :grin2: I agree with you on the Seat and the Helmet lock. The Gear indicator has been added to all of the Vulcan S model line starting in 2017. That is the ONLY change Kawasaki has made since the inception of the Vulcan S. Well, that and the colors. One thing that you didn't mention and which was the first thing I noticed even before the seat were the mirrors. They are a safety hazard in my opinion. Of course I am pretty broad shouldered but even the medium sized people complained about the mirrors and a pair of mirror extenders were the first mod I did to the bike. So this leads me to believe you are either a stick figure or you like looking at your shoulders while you ride :wink2: Another thing I hate about the Vulcan S that you didn't mention is the MEEP MEEP horn. That thing sounds worse than a horn from a 1963 VW Beetle and won't get anyone's attention. I think the Denali Soundbomb Compact airhorn was my second or third mod. After a zillion mods I kinda lost track :wink2: I don't mind the engine braking as much as the buzziness of the bike at highway speeds. It was better with the stock exhaust. After adding the Delkevic that thing really bugs me on the highway. Overall I liked the video. Keep up the good work. :good::good:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great video thanks, only thing I disagree about are the mirrors... I just ordered the mirror extenders. Thankfully I have a 2018 so I have the gear position indicator, I could not imagine riding without one.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don’t have 7 things I hate about the KVS. If I had that many, I would have just bought the better bike. I’m 99% happy with it. If I had to pick a couple of things to complain about, I’d say they should have the gear indicator included on the earlier bikes. The same way it is now. Especially on an entry lever/starter bike they are touting it as. Just a petty money grab for Kawasaki. Same for the helmet lock. Just a stupid money grab. Yes, the seats need a decent upgrade. There’s lots of stuff you may expect on a bike sold today, but you have to remember they have a price point to meet. The KVS is not a big seller in the NA market, add another couple of grand on the MSRP price and it won’t sell at all. I think it’s days are numbered here. I’m just happy it comes with ABS, likely thanks to the EU market.
The mirrors I have no problem with. They work perfect for me and don’t look as tacky as some of those aftermarket one’s do. I added extenders, just for the heck of it, but I really didn’t need them. They actually vibrate more now, so I might take them back off. Those KVS mirrors are exactly the same mirrors as on my ‘05 800 Vulcan C. Only they are chrome. Always worked great for me. I’m not a total stick figure, but if you have them adjusted correctly, they serve their purpose well.
The throttle being twitch and heavy deacceleration are indeed annoying and should be smoothed out by the manufacturer. Others have figured it out. Glad we have BoosterPlug to fix it.
For the price, I can’t complain too much. A few things I’ve done to personalize it, but that’s just individual tastes, it didn’t really need it. Still a great bike IMO.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hey all, I'm stagnant at 286 subs on my YouTube channel.

Any of you care to help and throw me a bone? Trying to get to 300 by the end of the weekend. :)

If you haven't subbed already that is. :)
Sorry Jet. I don’t have a YouTube account and don’t intend on making one. Not with the BS censoring or the now “paid” YouTube premium account money grab. I try and limit who I give my info to, because everything is an account and passwords these days. I do watch your videos when you post them and sometimes more than once. Nice to see another KVS’er with some decent vids.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I don't have a YouTube account and you don't need one to watch the regular YouTube stuff or to subscribe to a channel.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I guess you are right. I must have been signed up for a very long time since it never asked me to sign in or sign up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like your videos :) And hello, it's been a while since I've posted ... I'm bored with winter.

1. the seat, I have both the mid and extended seats. I bought the first bike from our local dealer and they gave me both seats. I don't have a problem with either, but I'm 135 lbs. I started with the extended because the I felt too crowded on the mid. After adding floor boards, I switched to the mid because the floor boards gave me a different (better) posture. That said, I do plan on getting the seat redone to add more cush.
2. engine braking, yes, huge annoyance. I felt like i was going to be thrown over half the time. Booster plug fixed this.
3. better, louder pipes...I just wish it didn't sound like a sewing machine. That said, I already deal with tinnitus and am not going to go with LOUD just to not sound like a sewing machine.
4. no LED headlight, yeah, I changed that out and got LED.
5. no canceling turn signals, this is a major PITA and half the time I think I turn them off and they aren't. AND it annoys the hell out me when my husband (ahead of me) has to put his hand up (open/close) to remind me.
6. lack of gear indicator, another major PITA. I just bought an aftermarket one to remedy that.
7. helmet lock, meh, since i have a sena, if I'm worried about theft, I will take the helmet with me or lock it all up in my husband's trunk (he's got the new GL).
8. mirrors...the stock ones are bad, I replaced with the versys mirrors and love them.
9. radiator guard, I still need to get that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts