Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Good tips! I’d like to add to always do headchecks, regardless of what mirrors you do have.
Also, I agree with no lace up boots. I have zippered, but if I could find a decent fitting and looking boot with Velcro, that would be better for me. There’s an argument on wearing steel toed boots also. MSF told me not to wear them. I viewed a couple of motorcycle magazine type shows on TV and they suggested against wearing them. Other people wouldn’t ride without them. Mine are just a motorcycle leather boot. Anybody wear steel toed riding boots? What’s your thoughts?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard the same about steel-toed boots as well. Some say they'll protect your toes, others say the steel could help cut them off or crush them in certain types of accidents.

Let's hope they don't get enough qualified participants to ever conduct a valid survey. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Good tips! I’d like to add to always do headchecks, regardless of what mirrors you do have.

Also, I agree with no lace up boots. I have zippered, but if I could find a decent fitting and looking boot with Velcro, that would be better for me. There’s an argument on wearing steel toed boots also. MSF told me not to wear them. I viewed a couple of motorcycle magazine type shows on TV and they suggested against wearing them. Other people wouldn’t ride without them. Mine are just a motorcycle leather boot. Anybody wear steel toed riding boots? What’s your thoughts?

Steel toe is an unnecessary weight that fatigues your feet faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts