Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 900 classic LT with a Baron Big air kit. I drilled holes in the exhaust baffles. I just recently discovered the bike has a FI 2000 unit on it.

Would anyone know what some good starting settings are for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you been able to program it? If so what are the benefits? I have the 2006 VN900 and was wondering if it would help with power, sound, or mileage. I want a little more power. I have been curious about it. I don't trust the reviews online, you never know if they were paid to write it. I have seen multiple reviews that say it is amazing and then others that say don't waste your money.
Thanks for your time.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
The fuel tunnel will not increase your power. It is for correcting the air to fuel ratio once you modify the air intake and exhaust. If you don't do both you won't need it.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Ment to say fuel tunner. (Damn auto spell correct)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently have mine set at 3-2-2. Seems to be working good.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You will have to set it for your bike.
Two bikes, same year, same setup, different settings.
That being said, most find 2-4 on the first, 1-3 on the second, 0-2 on the last one.

When I set up my bike, and through the coarse of many baffle types/air opening's. the settings would change 1/2-1 for most all the settings.

When everything was set to 0, factory air box & filter, 2-1 outlet reduced to 1 1/4(near to stock?) BIG difference in over all power.
Your results may vary;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what is your current settings Rider?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I will have to go look. but I think it is set at 3-1.5-1.5
hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts