Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a 2009 VN2K w/Roadhouse slip-ons and a Pro-R Hyper-charger like to know if anyone with similar set up could help me short cut all the trouble of guessing where to start with. Thanks you are a great group and very knowledgeable <--- wow had to look that one up LOL.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have Cobra speedster longs and a Cobra FI2000R on my V2K Classic LT with stock air filter and I have mine at 2-4-0. This so far seems to be the best setting for me. When I get my K&N air filter, I will change it to 2-4-1. The stock setting works well too at 3-5-0 but with your hypercharger you need to turn third pod up to one to start but I would start at 2-4-1 and go from there. Ive talked with people using close to your set up and thats what they run with. Some say bike runs a little rich when stock so you dont have to bump it up that much. Usually newer FI bikes run lean out of the box but I dont know for sure with this one. I tried a richer setting at 4-6-0 and got a lot of black smoke and fuel smell out of exhaust which was way too rich and you dont want to foul out your plugs. At all settings I tried, I still got a little decel pop on occaision and occasional backfire but not enough to bother me. My bike is running exceptionally well right now. So like I said try that setting first, you might only have to try one or two diffrent settings and that should do it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I now have my K&N air filter installed with my Cobra pipes and FI2000R fuel processor and have the pods set at 3-5-1 this setting feels pretty good. I will test more over the weekend and if bike continues to run like it is I will stay with this setting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can I assume the 3-5-1 setting ended up the best? I ran 2-4-1 and up to 50 mph it was ok anything more and it hesitated

·
Registered
305 Posts
You should try 3-5-1. I went back to 3-5-0. Im only using drop in K&N filter. Some people say drop the first setting down to 2.5. I take it each bike is a little bit diffrent so play around that ball park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts