Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didnt find much. I am currently in the market for a new seat to help with flat footing my 2012 voyager without suspension modification and came across a company called Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats. Just wanted to see if anybody has had any experience with them and how it all went. Looks like they are truly a custom design asking for rider info like height, weight , and inseam.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No experience with Seth Laam but FYI the seat that Mustang makes for our bikes is extremely comfortable and drops you down and back about an inch. Just enough in my experience to flat foot and I am 6’0” with a 30” inseam. Other benefits are that the seat design closely matches the stock Kawasaki seats and you have the option of a backrest for the rider which I have and is very comfortable. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a Corbin Young Guns seat. It drops you down and back, and is comfortable. For someone of shorter stature, though, it makes the handlebars a reach. I tried it out on my bike and it gave me back pains - I'll have to install pullback risers to get comfy again.

The problem, IMHO, is the overall width of the bike.

-John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking into Mean City Cycles to do a custom seat now. They seem to be a little on the cheaper side and they specialize in reforming and narrowing the seat. For $75 it’s worh a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts