Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Kawasaki Motorcycle Service Manual for the Vulcan 900 Classic/LT (p/n 99924-1366-10). Well worth the extra bucks to get this IMHO. I've purchased a Haynes manual for another bike and was really disappointed in the quality and completeness of the content. I've also looked at the free online version of the Vulcan 900 manual but that just wasn't handy as a reference. This OEM manual has more information than I will ever want to get into, but for someone like me who is not necessarily a gear head but wants to know his way around the bike, this fits the ticket.:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The manual is great. I don't consider myself a gear head at all, but with that manual, I feel I can do just about anything the bike needs. Over the winter I had the bike on jacks, both wheels off, changed fluids, new brake pads etc, etc, all thanks to that manual. I can't believe I used to pay a dealer $100 for an oil change. It's an easy job.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The manual is great. I don't consider myself a gear head at all, but with that manual, I feel I can do just about anything the bike needs. Over the winter I had the bike on jacks, both wheels off, changed fluids, new brake pads etc, etc, all thanks to that manual. I can't believe I used to pay a dealer $100 for an oil change. It's an easy job.
The prices dealers charge for basic maintenance is outrageous. For the price of one oil change at the dealer; I can change both bikes. And I can get both bikes done in way less time than I'd be sitting and waiting at the dealer. The kicker; is that "price" is for the cheapest conventional MC oil the dealer can source and an OEM filter. I'm using premium full synthetics and premium filters!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
The prices dealers charge for basic maintenance is outrageous. For the price of one oil change at the dealer; I can change both bikes. And I can get both bikes done in way less time than I'd be sitting and waiting at the dealer. The kicker; is that "price" is for the cheapest conventional MC oil the dealer can source and an OEM filter. I'm using premium full synthetics and premium filters!
+1.. was fortunate my bike came with this manual.. Nice to brief through it before messing/ tinkering.. well worth it's weight in gold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts