Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I live in Canada and it was close to $200.oo with all the taxes. I was down in ND for the weekend and picked it up for around $88.00. These were all factory manuals. I picked up a PDF download for free but like the factory manual better as it is paper and I am old school and find it easier to read in the garage when I am working on my bike. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Invest ONLY in a genuine Kawasaki service manual. It is without a doubt the most complete and comprehensive manual. DO NOT waste your money on a Haynes or Clymer manual, they are NEVER as complete as a factory service manual.

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I agree with Ray.

I have the Clymer and later bought the factory manual, BIG, BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!
With the OEM book, the pictures are much better and the values for tests and trouble shooting are right there with the pics and or instructions. My book cost $50 with free shipping and was here in 2-3 days. The cover page looks like a copy, but the rest of the pages look great. Clear sharp pictures, no smudges. The chapters are set up a bit differently than the Clymer manual, but I am adjusting to that. So I will keep both and rely on the OEM. IN addition there is information and pictures in the OEM book that are not in the Clymer.

I really, really like the OEM book.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
You can get a CD version on ebay and Amazon for less than 20 bucks...

And yes people always say... "I wpould rather have a hard copy in my hand"...

Even with the hard copy that I do not want to mess up, I still print out the pages from the CD version I need and it does not matter if those get grimy....

Also good used hard copy manuals for around 50 bucks....

I have both. Got my new hard copy off ebay for $48 three years ago....

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Or free works pretty good too........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.