Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope someone can chime in here with some information. I just got off the phone with my parts guy at my dealership and he informs me that a service manual for my bike is $ 186.89 and is backordered with a two week wait. I hoping that someone here can put me on to a cheaper manual. Hell my roadking service manual was $ 60.00 and told me everything that I needed to know and was a genuine HD manual. HELP! Forgot to mention I am talking about a paper manual.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Kawasaki web page has them for 85, I too was/am looking for a cheaper one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes I think the parts guys have made a mistake. I went on the Kawasaki site myself and it says #99924141405 service manual for VN 1700C is as Paul G has said is 84.95 in Canadian dollars. I will have to recheck with the parts on Monday. It is still high but certainly a lot better than $ 186.89. Unfortunate there are no used ones available however this is liveable. Thanks to all that replied.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not exactly sure why you only want a printed copy? With electronic you can print out what you need and not destroy the manual, and if you use a smart phone you can have your manual with you at all times. Great device to have on the road, and I think I purchased mine on eBay for $19.00.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jackag: Thanks for the input. Certainly valid points. I guess I'm old school and like to have it in the shop. I have an old phone that I pay as I go that does not have a lot of he newer technology that would allow me to download.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update. The price of the manual in Canadian dollars was not a mistake. It is $186.89 plus 8% PST plus 5% GST so around $200.00 Canadian. The parts guy was correct. The $84.95 price was in US dollars ordered from a US dealer. These manuals are model specific for a 2013 Nomad. And we all thought Harley Davidson was expensive. LOL Time to check Ebay as ELSAPHIL1979 had suggested. Thanks to all that replied.

·
Registered
578 Posts
That's crazy. I too like the paper manuals. Some of the electronic copies (like the one I found on the CX/GL site for my Honda) are crap. It depends on the quality of the scans.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You guys got some sort of import tariff on um up there?
It would seem so...depending on the item, Japanese products cost at least 20% more up here.

Add to that 13% sales tax (in Ontario) and a Canadian Dollar that is now only worth about $.85 U.S.

If it wasn't for endless government restrictions, duty fees and the high price charged by most shops to "Canadianize" vehicles (required by law to license them here), we'd all be flooding the border to buy in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I got my Voyager manual off ebay for 20 bucks on CD I then printed on heavy paper (two sided) with my laser printer for (I am guessing) less than bucks including paper and toner. Now I have it in binder form and if I need to use a page I just print it so not to damage any in the book...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good information Guys. I will keep my eyes open. I don't need a paper one yet. One always shows up when you are least expecting it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
That sounds like the owner's manual, they are free for down load at Kawasaki . Com

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it helps, I have the 09 Service Manual, electronic copy. I got it off of this forum a while ago, can't remember when exactly or under which post.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts