Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Bike of the Month contest! Sorry for being late with getting this up, I'm still playing catch-up from being on vacation, lol!
Please remember to check the rules first! (please link/post picture and story about your bike) rules-
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I'm new around here but I figured I'd give this a shot.
Year:1999
Model:Nomad
Eng size:1500 (1470)
Pipes:Stock (for now)
Seat:Mustang fastback (Classic seat modified to fit the nomad)
Wheels:Stock
Accessories:Bag top rails, Extra Taillights on bags, Slotted signal covers, Fringed lever covers, Mud flap, Trailer hitch, Lay down plate, Old No 7 grips, Old No7 Air cleaner inserts, Old No 7 License plate bolts
And the story:I'm the third owner of this Nomad. The First owner used it as Primarily a touring bike. When the first owner passed away it was sold by his widow. The second owner had health problems shortly after purchasing and only put a few hundred miles on the bike, before storing it for two years. A friend knew I was looking for a bike and and told me this one may be for sale. a few days later it was mine. My mods are heading in more of a "custom bagger" direction rather than a touring bike. future mods may include Pipes, slightly lower progressive shocks, Possibly beach bars.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sweet ride!

·
Registered
176 Posts
BOTM Entry, 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom

Since I missed on the voting last month, let me try this again.

I bought this new and have about 7000 mi on it. I've ridden bikes for 30+ years and my last bike, before a 5 year period without a bike, was a 1984 Goldwing Interstate. When I got back into bikes I was looking for a daily commuter (good gas mileage) and something light, agile handling, and big enough for weekend get aways.
The bike details are:
Candy Plasma Blue, Memphis Fats 17" w/blue lower windshield, Hopnel windshield bag, J&P scrolled custom mirrors, Kawasaki 1500 handle bars and risers, Cobra 14" short backrest with modified tall backrest pad and luggage rack, color matched Mutazu MU hard saddlebags, Nelson-Rigs deluxe roll bag and modified lower rear fender extension with LED lighted liciense plate frame.
A new addition this month was a K&N custom filter element and modified intake housing and a Cobra FI2000R currently set @ 1 1 0.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My Nomad 1700

I fell in love with Kawi's with our first 900LT.

Shortly thereafter, we bought our first 1700 Nomad.

·
Registered
78 Posts
RS900C, ya got my vote! I really think thats a nice looking bike. The bags look like Kawasaki put them on at the factory.
Bill

·
Registered
33 Posts
well heres my shot!
Year: 08
Model: vulcan 900 c
Eng size: 903cc
Pipes: HK strippers factory black
Seat: stock for now
Wheels: stock

Accessories: Hypercharger, Fr2000i, mirrors, iso grips shift cover, semi hard bags custom mounted, cobra mini sissy.

And the story: Gearhead since the day I could pick up a wrench, worked on cars all my life, then one day the wife says I really miss riding my with uncle and dad on there bikes. Which got me thinking; I've done every thing to a car that can be done, why not try a bike? But Its got to be different, and stand out and thumb the norm. So research began and the metrics are wears it at for me, freakin every wannabie has a HD and so does here dad and uncle but they are old school. So I said I dont need a name plate to make me feel bada**, bought the 900 and I get more respect from the old schools and 1%ers cause I did all the work myself, and I wave my middle finger in the air at the weekend worriers and call them wannabies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts