Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats RS!

I bought this new and have about 7000 mi on it. I've ridden bikes for 30+ years and my last bike, before a 5 year period without a bike, was a 1984 Goldwing Interstate. When I got back into bikes I was looking for a daily commuter (good gas mileage) and something light, agile handling, and big enough for weekend get aways.
The bike details are:
Candy Plasma Blue, Memphis Fats 17" w/blue lower windshield, Hopnel windshield bag, J&P scrolled custom mirrors, Kawasaki 1500 handle bars and risers, Cobra 14" short backrest with modified tall backrest pad and luggage rack, color matched Mutazu MU hard saddlebags, Nelson-Rigs deluxe roll bag and modified lower rear fender extension with LED lighted liciense plate frame.
A new addition this month was a K&N custom filter element and modified intake housing and a Cobra FI2000R currently set @ 1 1 0.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Beautiful bike MN!! Which handlebar risers did you go with? The straight cylindrical type, or the big Phat type?? Do you know how much it brought your bars back? Love the color of your bike!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Stock 2007 Kawasaki 1500 handle bars and risers. These pull back several inches compared to the stock tee bars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great Bike

The bike looks truly awesome!! I don't have a Kawasaki YET,
but when I do
I want one like you
But no sure of blue?
I wanna black one:confused:
I can't seem to find my normal smiley face

·
Registered
72 Posts
That`s a beautiful bike rs. I love the color. From your user name I assume it is a vn900 Custom, but what year is it?

I would find it interesting to know a riders physical size, such as height or inseam, when reading the mods they have made to handle bars and risers, the windshield chosen, backrest and seat changes, etc., etc. It would aid other readers in deciding if such a mod may suit them. Along with your comments about what factors entered in to your decision to choose a particular item, and if is meeting your expectations for function and/or form.

Happy Trails, and keep the rubber on the road.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That`s a beautiful bike rs. I love the color. From your user name I assume it is a vn900 Custom, but what year is it?
Thanks, yes this is a 2007 900 custom, attached is the entry thread, this thread only shows one picture and it cut off the original title.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4149

I would find it interesting to know a riders physical size, such as height or inseam, when reading the mods they have made to handle bars and risers, the windshield chosen, backrest and seat changes, etc., etc. It would aid other readers in deciding if such a mod may suit them. Along with your comments about what factors entered in to your decision to choose a particular item, and if is meeting your expectations for function and/or form.
You will find much of this info on threads concerning specific subjects. It's difficult to address all of these in a general thread like this.
You will find using the search tool that you will get many of the answers you want on this forum. As new people join the same questions keep popping up and you get tired of answering the same questions. So instead of re-writing many of the answers over and over it is easier to direct people as to how to find their answers. Use the search engine on the right under "Search This Forum". Sometimes you won't find your specific subject in a thread so if that fails try your seach on posts as the threads sometimes get on to other subjects that may give you your answer (or use advanced search). Here's a link as examples about handlebars and ergonomics of different bikes. I think I have a post about my handlebars in here.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3960&highlight=back+pain

To answer some of your specific questions, I'm 6-2", 190lbs with an inseam of 34". Original bars were causing me to have numb hands and wrists so I switched to the VN 1500 Classic bars and they are great. I'm very happy with the ergonomics on the 900 Custom now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats RS, you've made us proud. I've the same bike without the bling though. Would like to know more about the new filter system you installed as well as the bars as I feel I need to sit up a bit straighter. Cheers for now Rusty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts