Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit includes everything needed for two helmets. Includes two: SMH5-FMs, mounts, two sets of helmet speakers, two microphones for full face helmets, two boom microphones for half/three quarter helmets, and two charging cords along with instruction manual. Used on one 1,400 mile weekend trip to test against the factory intercom/CB on my Voyager - I decided to stay with my wired hook up of the Voyager installed system . . .

$170 - Shipped to the lower 48 - other locations, we can work an actual shipping cost out . . . Must do PayPal . . .

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I loved the cordless part of them . . . but the drawback there is on long rides you need to either plug them in (I had a small portable USB power supply that I tested out for this and it worked well) or remember to bring it in with you at lunch and charge it . . . I also ride with an open face and got wind noise through the mic which I don't get through the factory system . . . I know how to adjust the factory VOX settings so the mic only goes open when I talk into it, but didn't take the time to figure out that part of these . . . Perhaps someone who uses them regularly can chime in as to if/how that is adjustable. I will add though that the speakers are top notch - far better audio volume/clarity than the factory set up.

But the main part I didn't like is that its not plug and play . . . You have to pair up anything and everything that you want to hear . . . While not difficult, its not intuitive for me. I don't like having to reach up and hit a button on my head to start to talk (if left alone you only have to do it once and the mic stays open - but then there is the wind noise) - For the factory set up Just talk . . . And I don't like that using this takes out the CB function of my Voyager - For whatever reason, Kawi only channels the CB output through the Helmet speakers . . . So you have to be plugged in to hear that and definitely need to be plugged in to talk on that . . . To get a Bluetooth adapter for this to work with the CB (Which would be great and is possible on Harley and Gold Wings for $$$) isn't yet available for these . . .

I had purchased these for the 8,200 mile, 19 day ride my nephew and I took. His bike does not have factory CB, and he was having issues with his J&M CB2003 . . . I bought these and tested them on one ride with my son . . . And didn't really take the time to learn everything about them - I know there are A LOT of fans of these . . . As it turns out, my nephew got his J&M unit mounted and working, so these stayed at home while we toured the country . . .

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd love to use these while I help my son learn to ride. I'll take them right now if you'd part with them for 150.00 shipped to Oklahoma, 73132.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts