Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just used the Sena 10 headset for the 1st time today. We have 3/4 helmets, HJC and GMax. I have a fair amount of wind noise with mine. My wife says she didn't have hardly any wind noise. This was with the shields down. We played with the mic positions but that didn't really help. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Make sure the foam is on the end of the mic. And you have the mic facing the right way, it comes with a plastic cover for the outside of the mic. Things to try.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Could be that you are getting the wind noise that results from the extra wind turbulence that your rider experiences riding higher and back farther from the shield. I agree with budda on processes, but make sure you are working on both helmets.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be that you are getting the wind noise that results from the extra wind turbulence that your rider experiences riding higher and back farther from the shield. I agree with budda on processes, but make sure you are working on both helmets.
Kap, that's what I was thinking too. I will do some checking and hopefully find the problem. By the way, almost ready to get the Garmin GPS.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I ride with a buddy, he won't put his shield down so there is noise, but not bad. Agree check the mike position and definitely use the foam. On a side note, I have a Nolan helmet and it quite noisy. Found you can here the sound better with ear plugs.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
While I haven't double checked it, I had that plastic barrier on my old mic and many complaints about wind noise were had. I picked up a new mic to go on a new helmet and left the plastic gizmo off. I've had no complaints about wind at all up to 70 mph and at 50 or less have even been asked if I've even on the bike. I think the foam wind barrier is probably the biggest help in preventing the noise.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I haven't double checked it, I had that plastic barrier on my old mic and many complaints about wind noise were had. I picked up a new mic to go on a new helmet and left the plastic gizmo off. I've had no complaints about wind at all up to 70 mph and at 50 or less have even been asked if I've even on the bike. I think the foam wind barrier is probably the biggest help in preventing the noise.
Thanks. I will try it without the plastic gizmo and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check to make sure that the "SIDETONE" Feature is disabled.
I will need to do a search for this. Haven't heard of it till now. Something else to try. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts