Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on a big bike tour on my 2014 Voyager and need to secure my tent and stuff bag on to the pillion seat, behind my backrest.

Some have mentioned Bungeemate as a solution but for the life of me I can't see where these are meant to fit, unless just being stupid!

Any help with ideas (and pics) appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
You have three fixed solid objects. The seat, the back rest and the trunk bag. You could just run bungee cords around your stuff and attached at the ends to those objects.
I've gone cross country with only a small short passenger backrest and attached to that.
You've got it easy. Just go out there ahead of time and try it and see what you come up with.
Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
580 Posts
All I've ever used is bungee straps with plastic hooks tied to the luggage and then down to the saddlebag brace somewhere. I don't have a back rest so a luggage bag works perfect behind me to lean back on so it doesn't have to be secured super tight. A short test ride will tell you all you need to know. It doesn't have to be pretty.....just functional

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Get some ROK or Arno Straps. You can put them under the seat and snap it back in place.

I use the passenger grab rails from Marvellas.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm no help on the subject, but your question reminds me of coming home from Arkansas a couple of years ago. We found a Pizza Hut in the middle of nowhere and were starving, so we stopped to eat. Dad didn't want any to go to waste, so he stuffed our leftovers in a "To go" box and rode the rest of the way home, six hours or so, with a pizza box strapped to his back seat. I still chuckle when I think about it.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
I just took a long trip and put a ROK strap on the bar behind the pillion as well as one from the saddlebag support bar just behind the shock on each side. Having grab rails would have been better than using the saddlebag supports.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I just hook my bungee cords to the bottom edge of the chrome trim piece under the passenger seat on the fender. That plastic is stronger than you think. I also use the front saddlebag mount post. Anything you have on the passenger seat ain't going anywhere anyway. All it needs is just enough to keep if shifting to the side. I haul a 35 pak of water with no straps on the passenger seat. And I have a backrest. Unless I turn upside down it will stay put.

I also will use straps to the trunk rack every now and then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just traveled 1286 miles with my army bag strapped to the backrest. I just used bungee cords with the lock clips and locked them to the bungees themselves. No issues in the rain and wind at all.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts