Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I did a search and have read a lot and I mean A LOT (lol) of information. Most of the guys/gals that have done this mod, have a aftermarket fuel tuner. It was advised that bikes with the stock ECU my not like this mod. My question is, I have an Ivan’s ECU, cobra open air intake, and freedom performance shorties, so with having an Ivan’s ECU will it be okay to do this mod?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I removed my plates last year but ended up putting them back on. What you get is terrific throttle response, better pickup on the low rpm end but sacrifice throttle smoothness, increased popping when you decelerate, and increased idle roughness. Up to you but Ivan’s Tune does addresses the secondary throttle plates lag - so no need to remove them if you have it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks for the responses I’ll leave them alone and anxiously wait for my Baron’s front and rear pulleys to get here.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had them off some time ago for a while but with no real benefits.. just like the iridium spark-plugs. it feels nice to modify and change things up; most times it's just a feeling not really a factual upgrade.
how much is charging mr Ivan these days for a VN900?
I wonder how come we -as an established forum- don't have an ECU reader/writer. :}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts