Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked briefly about this in another thread on another subject...

You guys mention the ultimate, mustang and russel seats.

What made you decide on each?

I've been contemplating a new seat this winter.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
I decided on my Ultimate Seats from a recommendation of a good friend in Colorado who rides a Honda VTX with Ultimate seats. Turns out he was right. I don't have the money to test each brand of seat so I had to use other peoples experience.

·
Registered
136 Posts

if you dont want to spend the $$$$ for comfort........i have an airhawk i have never used for sale

·
Registered
445 Posts
RRKR
I have the Mustang seat and I can tell you the design of the back support
is way better than the stock. The Ultimate version kind of the same design
just a different density foam used. A bit more plusher than the Mustang
but yet still firm.

The Ulitmate manufacturer is located next to my workplace
and I have dropped in to see their operation.
They produce great quality at a higher price point unfortunately.
Stock - Mustang - Ulitmate ?????
Your wallet, your butt.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I chose Russell because they are the only one (I think) that actually widens the seat pan. They give more room to sit on so the weight per square inch goes down. Less pressure.

I chose Russell because of its consistent good reputation.

I chose Russell after trying to have the stock seat rebuilt at one of those places that add foam... and didnt see any difference....still uncomfortable.

I chose russell because I had purchased and tried the Mustang touring seat and found it hard and due to the smaller size, it cut into my thighs and made my legs go numb. I really didnt like it and still had to use the airhawk.

I chose Russell because I got tired of the airhawk I always had to use over the stock seat... airhawk works well by the way...

I paid $470 or so for the Russell... not so much worse than Mustang....and it has been terrific for 6,000 miles now I never complain. My husband cannot believe I stopped complaining...and is about to go get a Russell himself.... LOL

anne

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
I'VE GOT 21K miles on my Ultimate. Just put 200 on today. Gonna put another 200 on tomorrow and about 60 on Sunday. Wouldn't trade.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I chose Russell because they are the only one (I think) that actually widens the seat pan. They give more room to sit on so the weight per square inch goes down. Less pressure.

I chose Russell because of its consistent good reputation.

I chose Russell after trying to have the stock seat rebuilt at one of those places that add foam... and didnt see any difference....still uncomfortable.

I chose russell because I had purchased and tried the Mustang touring seat and found it hard and due to the smaller size, it cut into my thighs and made my legs go numb. I really didnt like it and still had to use the airhawk.

I chose Russell because I got tired of the airhawk I always had to use over the stock seat... airhawk works well by the way...

I paid $470 or so for the Russell... not so much worse than Mustang....and it has been terrific for 6,000 miles now I never complain. My husband cannot believe I stopped complaining...and is about to go get a Russell himself.... LOL

anne
That's the kind of info I'm looking for... thanks, TA.

Everyone keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love my Mustang

Hi there

I have had a Mustang Seat on my Honda 750 Aero and now on my V2K. I love the Mustang.

Thorsten

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
There comes a time in life when choices have to be made and motorcycle seats is one of those times. I firmly believe that not many people can afford to buy and try all the available seats on the market to see which one is best, so based on reviews and recommendations from friends and others and also prices we mentally toss a dart at the target and decide on a type/brand of seat to go with.

I chose the Ultimate for my V2K based on the recommendation of a good friend in Colorado who drives a Honda. I believed what he told me and bought my seats. I'm happy with my choice and will stick with it. Can not speak for anyone else.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a mustang on my Nomad and it was ok. The Ultimate looks similar but I was told the foam was a little softer, so that is why I picked it. I don't have many miles on it cause it snowed here a couple days after I got it so I guess I will wait till spring to test it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts