Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PICS ADDED - Seats - OH MY ! ! !

Ok, so I didn't have anything bad to say about the stock VN900 seat... Seriously - it fit my butt "ok" and I added a $20.00 pad -

- UNTIL.....

Went on a ride yesterday with friends and HIS Vulcan had the Mustang Wide Super Touring One-Piece Vintage Seat and I made the mistake of sitting on it.... HOLY mozez and wOwzaaa - boy what a difference. So I headed to a local dealer who had a few used bikes in stock with different varieties of Mustang seats.

I tried the one with the driver's back-rest, the afore mentioned Vintage and made my choice... Checked their price (it was Mustang's MSRP) but I went home and checked the web and ended up calling the Mustang company itself - GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
They had a special going on (little lower than MSRP, no tax, and $1.00 shipping)
I ordered it.

**thread edit - added "installed" pics on 5 April 2012**
============================
Bad weather here yesterday and today, but the seat and bags came and I got them mounted....

Ah yes - I got the Mustang seat and matching Mustang bags mounted onto the bike.

Yup - it ROCKS!!!!!

;)
================================

So as we were wrapping things up on the phone, I mentioned (with a little frustration in my voice) - "Now, if I could only find hard-bags/luggage that I like, that fit, and didn't cost the bank...."
and she said... "Have you seen ours? The style and the stitching match the Mustang Vintage seat you just bought and if you include it on the same order, I can uber-discount it for you"
So - I ordered the Mustang Plain Covered Hard Saddlebags ... followed by a quick call to EasyBrackets for a universal/quick-release mounting kit!

Seat matches the bag - quick release hardware.... All told, Mustang seat, Mustang hard bags, and the EasyBracket hardware delivered to my front door for WAYYYYY less than a $thousand$ (MUCH better than I could have hoped for!)

Now we wait for FedEx and UPS!

:)

·
Registered
450 Posts
So how much was it? :p

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Very nice ...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm - today....

Ah yes - I got the Mustang seat and matching Mustang bags mounted onto the bike.

Yup - it ROCKS!!!!!

;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts