Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot turn the key to get the seat off(2012 voyager) the bike is just about new (937 mi)had the seat off several times before and the key turned so easy,this time the key will not turn.I would hate to brake the key off in there. Is there a different way to get it off

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Try pushing down on the passenger seat as you turn the key. I have covers on mine and it's the only way I can unlock it

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Try pushing down on the passenger seat as you turn the key. I have covers on mine and it's the only way I can unlock it
+1

Anything underneath (cover, shifted tool kit, whatever) could be causing pressure on the lock. Pushing down on the seat over the locking mechanism takes the pressure off, should then easily unlock.

·
Registered
894 Posts
+1 on pushing down . . Once off remove the locking mechanism from the rear seat and put a washer or two in there . . . this helps . . . I still have to push down . . .just not as hard . . .

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys,that's all it took, push down on seat turn key, took the rag out I left in there last time,and you would be surprised how much better the hole system works

thanks again

NEIL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts