Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Kawasaki 900 Vulcan Classic. I can not remove the seat. The key operates the ignition and the park light. The lock will not turn when attempting to release the seat latch. I have pressed the seat down above the latch to help relieve pressure on the latch but it will not release. I will damage the key if I turn it any harder. Any ideas to remedy this will be appreciated.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
I have a 2012 Kawasaki 900 Vulcan Classic. I can not remove the seat...Any ideas to remedy this will be appreciated.
Welcome, yoUPer...

Try a shot of WD-40 into the key port...apply consistent pressure, turning key left and then right repeatedly in order to work the mechanism loose.

If the bike has been sitting in cold/fridged temperatures...that could be the problem, as well. Safely heat a spare key then insert and twist left and right..(incidently, I had to do this a few weeks ago). Lube mechanism with WD-40 once it pops. It will Displace the Water (hence "WD") from the mechanism preventing the "freezing" which causes this problem.

Let us know the results...

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
You didn't make that up, now, didja, Buskman? /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
No, my friend...came out one morning after leaving the bike out all night back in the "Ice Age" days we had here earlier to a stuck seat and fork locks..Danggitt!

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
Welcome from the Dark Side!

As you can tell, there are plenty of members willing to help a fellow biker out. Even if they need help with their seat...on their bike seat...you know what I mean.

Looking forward to your posts and pics.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Here at VulcanForums.com there is "No Biker Left...(here it comes, folks)...BEHIND!"

:serious:

(Buskman tries to maintain his "serious" poker face)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Kawasaki 900 Vulcan Classic. I can not remove the seat. The key operates the ignition and the park light. The lock will not turn when attempting to release the seat latch. I have pressed the seat down above the latch to help relieve pressure on the latch but it will not release. I will damage the key if I turn it any harder. Any ideas to remedy this will be appreciated.
Seems simple but i struggled for some time before i figured out the key turns ccw. Seems counterintuitive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts