Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this will be my first of many dumb questions. As I mentioned a few days ago, I bought a 2009 Vulcan. It's the FAST blue colour ;)

Anyway I picked it up today after it was delivered to the border (bought off Cranky Ape) and the battery seems like it needs a charge as there doesnt seem to be enough juice to start it. I want to charge the battery but after takinga quick look, not sure how to, uh, get the seat off. Hey it's differnt than the 500 ok.

So anyone willing to share the seat removal secret? That way I can charge it, wash it, and drive around tomorrow

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
122 Posts
there is a spot to put the key to the bike in the left side its a 1/4 turn key lock that releses the seat its on the painted trim

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Make sure you get the battery charged up full. Running the bike with a low battery puts a strain on the stator, which is a fairly expensive repair....

·
Registered
976 Posts
Also, when you have the key in the seat keyhole, push down on the seat right at the rear of the rider pillion to relieve a little presure on the latch. Sometimes they're so tight they'll just snap the key off in the keyhole. Push down and it will release easy.

Stators are a touchy issue and I don't want to curse mine by saying anything, but I've let the battery die twice now, used a jump to charge it and road it the long way home for 45 minutes to charge. The last time was over a year and a half ago.

Some people on the other hand are on their 3rd stator on 4 year old bikes. So maybe a little care IS in order?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Battery is charging at this moment. This brings up the next question I suppose which is where do I get my hands on an '09 manual? I am not Mr handy by any means but I found the manual for my 500 came in handy many times

Thanks again

Scott

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks guys. Battery is charging at this moment. This brings up the next question I suppose which is where do I get my hands on an '09 manual? I am not Mr handy by any means but I found the manual for my 500 came in handy many times

Thanks again

Scott
2009 Vulcan 900 Classic :
http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/showOM.php?view_lang=EN&spec=US&book_no=99987-1599&lang_code=EN

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom:
http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/showOM.php?view_lang=EN&spec=US&book_no=99987-1600&lang_code=EN

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Took the bike out for a ride today after I got it all cleaned up. At first it was abit weird as I am used to the 500 but the more I rode the more I liked it. Comfortable riding position, nice power and a nice little rumble from the pipes. Despite what I have heard the custom seat was fine

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts