Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Saddleman seat - either the Renegade(solo seat) or Profiler(two up) ... current stock seat is a plank of wood - want a seat to complement the lines of a VN900

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed a saddlemen solo and it feel stiff but I've read that they get better after they're ridden for a while. Also needed 4 washers to make the seat locking mechanism engage.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just installed a saddlemen solo and it feel stiff but I've read that they get better after they're ridden for a while. Also needed 4 washers to make the seat locking mechanism engage.
I have the solo renegade saddle men on mine and it is a perfect fit; no spacers or washers were required when I put mine on. I just used the stock seat bracket.

It is a great seat, especially compared to the stock seat. But I think I may upgrade to something with a backrest one day.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I sent my stock seat to Mean City Cycles, by UPS to Maiden NC, overnight they converted it to memory foam (return the next day) and the result is great. An all-day ride became a genuine possibility. Also it cost lots less. Then I added a driver backrest from Utopia Products! Life IS good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got the solo seat and love it. It really supports you better. It definitely is firm on delivery but just need breaking in.

Also I didn't have to add any washers or anything. Just booked up the stock bracket and away I went.

Not a bad seat for the price!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dall: Glad to hear that about Mean City Cycles. Been thinking about sending my seat there but was waiting on someone to comment. They have different levels/prices. Can I ask which one you got?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saddleman Seat Profiler

Recieved the seat - fabrication felt like it took forever! ... Staff very friendly especially Ms.Lopez - Lexy ... Priority post to Canada $50 for duty. Installed easy (pull bracket from standard seat) - seating position is slightly lower but the bulk of this stock seat is gone. Riding position is comfortable - gives the rider a "sporty" feel - you can feel the bike - specifically we are talking about handling. I will log some ride time and break n the seat - interesting note better back support .... Now I need to swap out the handlebars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts