Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I spotted this post just yesterday. I think you will The it helpful.
Easily identify Vulcan S ERGO-FIT settings! - video page 6 at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Honestly, I found only one that ever made a difference, and it was a holdover from my Honda PCX scooter, made by a company called Ride Easy. Bought it on Amazon in 2014, but no idea if they're still around. I never found AirHawks to work for me, but other people have found success with them.

In my opinion, going right to the Corbin is your best bet, but it's totally understandable to need to save up and want something to hold you over – they're pricey but SO worth it! Mine completely changed how long I can ride the bike, and I never suffer the tailbone pain I did even on the extended seat (the mid reach was 10x worse).

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did 250 miles yesterday. I have the extended gel seat. No butt pain. Very comfortable. The seat is one of the most comfortable seats I have ever had on a motorcycle, which included Corbin's, Russel, Sargent, etc.

I have a gel pad called a "Bunz Eze" that I bought years and years ago that works great. It's basically a wheelchair pad. Holds heat for over an hour or you can put it in the refrigerator over night and it will stay cool for over an hour on hot sunny days.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
The extended seat seems to work for some but not others. I am 6f almost 1in 240 lbs and the extended reach just did not do it for me. I made it 30 minutes and had to stop. That being said, I have arthritis in my back, knees and hips and had back surgery many years back. I ended up going with the Corbin and just recent really put it through its paces. Rode from Kalamazoo MI to Paris KY, rode the Nada tunnel and all over Kentucky. All in all just over 1100 miles for the entire trip and the back was totally fine. The knees, hips and everything else were gone but my back/backside were solid. I cannot recommend the Corbin enough.

I did 250 miles yesterday. I have the extended gel seat. No butt pain. Very comfortable. The seat is one of the most comfortable seats I have ever had on a motorcycle, which included Corbin's, Russel, Sargent, etc.

I have a gel pad called a "Bunz Eze" that I bought years and years ago that works great. It's basically a wheelchair pad. Holds heat for over an hour or you can put it in the refrigerator over night and it will stay cool for over an hour on hot sunny days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts