Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am attempting to do some bolt on customization and decided to get a mustang tour seat with backrest so I can tackle trips to and from New Jersey with my daughter or wife. The problem is it is tough to find a seat made to fit a 99 Vulcan 1500a model and the Vulcan Classic parts are not interchangeable. If anyone has an idea of where to get a tour seat for this bike I am looking for Ideas. This is the 88 series that is grey and black if it helps. I know there is a way to do this I have just ran out of ideas, maybe a different bike seat is possible based on the mounting points.
frustrated>>>>
George

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I am attempting to do some bolt on customization and decided to get a mustang tour seat with backrest so I can tackle trips to and from New Jersey with my daughter or wife. The problem is it is tough to find a seat made to fit a 99 Vulcan 1500a model and the Vulcan Classic parts are not interchangeable. If anyone has an idea of where to get a tour seat for this bike I am looking for Ideas. This is the 88 series that is grey and black if it helps. I know there is a way to do this I have just ran out of ideas, maybe a different bike seat is possible based on the mounting points.
frustrated>>>>
George
Why don't you buy the seat you want and have a fabricator make you a bracket to adapt it to your bike?

Reactions: Mr. Busdriver

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know if it helps, but I've got a torn up seat with a good pan from a '95 VN1500A. If you're going to have to customize it would save sacrificing your seat. You could have it for whatever shipping would cost from Illinois.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seat ideas

Thanks to everyone for the Ideas. I have been exploring the options and the dealership I do business with and the manager has decided to share my vision and suggested a person he knows that can fabricate but only outside of the dealer. Insurance reasons seem to get it in the way of creativity. I am interested in getting the seat pan and starting to redesign a seat for the bike and gladly will cover costs. I figure use the NY winters to do the custom work outside of fitting the Memphis Shades Batwing fairing which apparently has issues in cooperating. We decided a signal relocation should fix the problem, any suggestions are welcome. NY gives little time to ride but lots of time to modify.
Thanks Again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Howdy,
I know it been a while and sorry for that. I have been wrapped up in college and saving mu house. I found a guy to redo my seat and I still have your seat. would you like me to send it back with a little something for patience. contact me and let me know and i will get right on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am now. I spent 2000.00 this year and now having issues finding an exhaust aftermarket. my local dealer has odered a vance and hines but it did not match. They said a rep came out and can match a cobra suzuki boulevard exhaust to my bike. I am hoping this time works since I am losing a lot of ride time this year with the work done. the ususal with my since I seem to buy odd ducks. How are you doing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts