Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum and the web with no luck and now I'm hoping people here will chime in to help. I'm trying to find out the actual seat height of a 2010 900 Classic LT with the OEM gel seat and also with a Mustang seat (any model other than the single). Also, are either of these seats narrower at the tank than the stock seat? I'm vertically challenged at 5'4" with a 28" inseam, and I'd like a seat that pushes me a bit further forward, but I can't afford to go higher. I'm not anxious to lower the bike. Also, the front edge of the stock seat where it curves down aroud the tank is causing a pressure point when I have my feet down at a stop, and over time it gets quite uncomfortable.

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
987 Posts
seat specs

I don't know the measurements for the 2 up seats you mentioned, but I have seen several threads where someone in our forum group has changed seats so there should be some feedback. I installed a Saddlemen solo on my 900C, and my similarly vertically challenged brother finds it perfect for his stature (28in inseam):D I attached a couple of pics where you can see the saddle dip and also the taper at the front of the Saddlemen. Maybe someone else out there has pics of the Mustang and the Gel.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have a mustang seat with the back rest. My feet are flat on the ground when stopped. I have a 29" inseam on a 06 classic LT.

·
Banned
334 Posts
I'm 5'8" with a 29" inseam, and I have a 2007 Classic. I didn't really notice much of a difference in height when switching from the stock seat to the Mustang. It does feel like you're sitting slightly higher, but when you're at a stop light with your feet on the ground it feels pretty much the same. I don't have any problems with the width of the seat at the front, either. I don't have any measurements, but here's a boatload of pictures for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got a daytripper on a custom. It seems to put you a little lower and a bit forward compared to stock.

Im not that far from you and I ride around you way quite a bit. Shoot me a PM and you can give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts