Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Got a vulcan 2000 with the standard seat that the wife hates. Would like to hear from those that have changed their seats and any pros or cons about the seats they chose. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have a 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT and found the stock seat a little uncomfortable after an hour or so in the saddle same for my wife who rides on back. After putting 18K kms on the bike last year I decided to purchase a Mustang 79370 studded front/back with driver backrest at a cost of over $700 shipped as many have raved about the noticable comfort of the Mustang. I put about 300 kms on the bike with the Mustang seat and did not like it, and chose to ride 8K kms on vacation this year without it.

Reason, the Mustang driver seat puts you about 1.5 to 2 inches higher than the stock seat giving you a totally different feel when riding, you feel to high on the bike. Second, the way the seat is designed it feels like you are sitting on the edge of the seat all the time, to far ahead with not enough support under your butt and legs. The only thing I really like was the driver back rest, it is fully adjustable and feels awesome when set right taking some strain of your grip, wrists and arms when cruising for a long time. Bottom line I prefer the lower slung better supporting stock seat, and my wife didn't notice much difference between the stock rear seat and the Mustang, so I have a brand new Mustang seat for sale.

·
Registered
56 Posts
got the cure for ya....

on ebay there is a passenger seat (new) for a vulcan 2000 that is 3" higher than the stock seat, 3" of padding that'll most certainly be more comfy. if I remember right it was $115 or so, and that's a deal compared to the prices I've seen. am considering one myself, take a look. also saw a back support for the stock seat that mounts and is then removable, don't remember the price on that one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got 07 vulcan 2000lt, I change the seat to the 3 pc. mustang, the passenger seat comes in 2 different sizes. I enjoy the seat with the driver's backrest because I don't slide down into the seat like I did with the stock. I bought it @ phatpreformace.com and paid less than $600, it was studed. It didn't raise the seat height

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gel Seat

I replaced my factory hard seat with a Kawasaki upgrade studded gel seat. It was a lot cheaper than the other seats and it is a perfect fit. Took about 2k to get it wore in. I've put around 10K on it and it still looks brand new.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I replaced my factory hard seat with a Kawasaki upgrade studded gel seat. It was a lot cheaper than the other seats and it is a perfect fit. Took about 2k to get it wore in. I've put around 10K on it and it still looks brand new.
Spacecoastv2k,

That's great news to hear! Last week I ordered the Kawi studded gel seat and pillion and can't wait to "dump" the stock seats! It's sure is a lot cheaper than the Mustang or Corbin replacements!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have a vulcan 1500 classic FI and bought the mustang seat for it... NO real difference IMHO.
The appearance is better with the tucks, etc
Seat height was the same...
Firmness the same
The structure is less forgiving of stuff over the battery too...(had to move something)

I put my stock seat back on...and want to sell the Mustang now... paid 450 but would take 350. I only know it will fit Classic and Nomad 1500s...

Hello,
Got a vulcan 2000 with the standard seat that the wife hates. Would like to hear from those that have changed their seats and any pros or cons about the seats they chose. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a VN 2000 with a Saddleman gel explorer special and I like it.The pillion seat is about 3" higher than stock and no complaints from the wife.
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Saddlemen Gel Seat Explorer Spec
Store: GM Cycles Buy It Now $376.27
Free shipping
cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mustangs rock!

I have had Mustang seats on 5 motorcycles and love 'em: '99 Marauder, '03 Mean Streak, '05 Nomad and currently on my new '08 VN2K and the little lady's '95 Virago 1100. I feel as if I am sitting down in the bikes and NOT on top of them. They DO give more thigh support and put the weight in the proper place on your sit bones. They give lower back support, thus better posture, and make those 800 mile days so much more enjoyable. I ordered Mustang seats for the 2000 right after I rode it 7 miles from the dealership to my home. I'll never own another bike without Mustang seats.

LEW in Durango, CO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 2000cc. Love it much more after I put the mustang seat on. Love the backrest. Took a trip out west in Sep 09. Made 4 and 500 mile days much better on the back and butt. No difference in height. Love the seat and will not sell mine. Getting ready to buy another one for my wifes Kaw 900.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts