Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 Classic 900 SE and reaching the floor boards and handlebars a little too far of a reach for me. I'm only 5'3". Does anyone know of any companies that sell a solo seat that will push me forward so I can have a better reach? I only want a solo seat. I'm also open to other suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Vulcan 900 Classic SE
16 Posts
I just got my SE a couple months ago and I'm 5'4", struggling with the same thing. It irked me that my legs had to be raked out forward going over bumps and just generally keeping control.

I bought a 6" bolt and some nuts to replace the pin holding the footboards on. I re-bolted the boards on the rear of the mounts so that it sits half on the mount, but reinforced so they're sturdy. Sounds unsafe, but if you think about it you're not really putting much constant weight on the boards to begin with.

Hard to describe, but I'll post pics if you'd like. My legs are now at 90º! I figured with some handlebar pullback risers, I'd be good to go after that without getting a new seat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
CGeoMJ, I'd like to see what you did on the floorboards. I am also a little vertical challenged and would like my feet more under me.

·
Registered
2012 Vulcan 900 Classic SE
16 Posts
Easy footboard relocation

Here's an album with the images of what I did to relocate my footboards. Because fooling with the bracket itself would have required heavy modification of the frame and forward controls, I saw this as an easy to option to gain about 4 inches total of pullback. Though I'm sure if you were to get a new seat and new bars or bar risers in addition to this it would be even better. I still have to shift and brake in the same place, but no biggie.

Requirements:
6" x 3/8 machine hex bolt x 2
3/8 hex locking nut x4
locking washers
Battery operated torque wrench with 3/8 hex driver

http://imgur.com/a/T4ljC

I didn't get a pic of the other side, but this requires that you part with the heel shifter – I hated it anyways and never used it, only by accident once (and that's dangerous stuff right there). I just took it off at the knee with a hacksaw.

It was difficult to get those two nuts tight in the middle, but I figured it would be an extra precaution against flexing/sliding and to give it some rigidity. As far as I can tell, I've been able to jump up and down on them without any distortion. Also, blue thread-locker is recommended.

Let me know if you need more information

·
Registered
357 Posts
probably Saddleman or even Mustang would make a seat to push you forward. I know it feels like I'm further with the Solo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts