Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a custom seat fit on a classic? Got a chance to get a Corbin Youngguns seat for good price but seller not sure it will mount on my classic.

Any one know for sure?

Frank

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
They have the same lock down and horn that goes under the tank but I don't know about the length between them :-(

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Will a custom seat fit on a classic? Got a chance to get a Corbin Youngguns seat for good price but seller not sure it will mount on my classic.

Any one know for sure?

Frank
My wife just got her Russell Daylong saddle for her '09 Classic LT. Fits perfectly and she says it's very comfortable. She also has a Mustang touring seat for it that fit just fine, but wasn't comfortable for her. Great seat, but didn't fit her right. BTW, it's for sale if you're interested. Shoot me a PM or email at [email protected] if you like. I believe she's asking $400.00 plus shipping. Shipping for the Russell seat from California to Idaho was $29.00, for a comparison.

I guess I didn't answer your question directly--don't know if a custom seat will fit on the classic. It might look odd, anyway because of the two different styles of bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It will, except you will need to change the pc that goes down in the rear latch. The Different fender creates a different offset on that pc. Otherwise all the measurements are the same. When I added a Mustang seat to my LT, my buddy put the LT stock seat on his custom - all we did was change the rear latch piece.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Can you say that again? What piece needs to be changed out?

I swapped a Classic fender onto my Custom and noticed that the seat doesn't line up any more.

Sorry for the hijacking.

James

·
Registered
711 Posts

Any one know for sure?

Frank
I'm two weeks late but if you still have a chance to get the Corbin Young Guns GET IT! a couple of years ago I made the mistake to sell my Young Guns due to its not designed for touring on the passanger and wife kept asking for a touring style seat. Well I sold it and got me a Gel touring style and she has been happy ever sence. Me on the other hand on every solo trip short or long I did I always regreted selling it. I tried and owned a Willie & max solo wich was better than stock, a mustang daytripper and a mustang touring. The mustang touring I sold within three days as it would push me forward and that was very uncomfortable and to be honest my wife like the gel oem better. the daytripper looks was not for me and a friend ended up keeping it for the same price I had paid and the willie looked very nice but not designed by any means for long trips and I do a few of those several times a year. so a long story short as i mentioned i always regreted selling the corbin young guns and guess what!! the friend who i had sold it to called me to let me know he was trading his ride and wanted to know if i was intrested in buying it back and in a blink of an eye it was on my bike again. now when 2up i put the gel touring oem to keep the lady happy and when solo i take the corbin. both seats have the brackets so it only takes me about 5 seconds to swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts