Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a couple things -

1) Instead of saddlebags, I'm looking for a bag that sits behind the rider, like a tail or seat bag. Anyone have any suggestions where to look? I looked at viking bags but they have a ton of their stock out of stock for the last couple months. I ride city highways a lot and lanesplit quite frequently (Southern Cali), so saddlebags wouldn't be ideal.

2) My mechanic told me that I may need to look into replacing my tires in the next few months. Any suggestions on tires to look at? I was suggested the bridgestone T31s.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not sure about the bag, but for tires, look at the Shinko brand. Plenty sticky and grippy, decent treadwear, and budget friendly.

I run their 712 series on my 500, and if I'm not mistaken, the 650 is similar weight to the 500, so they should work fine for you too. Their 777 series has had a lot of good reviews for the larger bikes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don’t know about tires but Kawasaki makes a tail bag for the Vulcan. Really nice. Quality is good and it keeps the lines of the bike. Wifey and I both have one.
Will vouch for the Kawasaki tail bag. Easy to take off if you want and it is much bigger than it looks. Expandable zipper to make it really big. I can cram a ton of stuff in it when I want too.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Really

I like the OEM tail bag. I holds a LOT. Tires, I ride very aggressively and have gotten great service out of the Michelin Road 4 tires. I Just replaced the rear a couple of weeks ago with a Pirelli Angel GT ( the Michelins are great but pricey and I wanted to see If I could tell any difference, I can't) . I got about 5k miles out of the rear ( VERY aggressive mile chasing KTMs and Ducatis in the Blue Ridge Mountains ( not the Parkway) so I was happy with the life. Too bad you are 2400 miles away, We just bought a Weaver tire changer ( with motorcycle wheel adaptor) and I don't have any more tires to change... :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the OEM tail bag. I holds a LOT. Tires, I ride very aggressively and have gotten great service out of the Michelin Road 4 tires. I Just replaced the rear a couple of weeks ago with a Pirelli Angel GT ( the Michelins are great but pricey and I wanted to see If I could tell any difference, I can't) . I got about 5k miles out of the rear ( VERY aggressive mile chasing KTMs and Ducatis in the Blue Ridge Mountains ( not the Parkway) so I was happy with the life. Too bad you are 2400 miles away, We just bought a Weaver tire changer ( with motorcycle wheel adaptor) and I don't have any more tires to change... :grin2:

What silencer do you have?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kawasaki recommend not using their tank or tail bag with matte paint. Have you had them on long? Do you see any issues? I'm trying to determine whether this is a legit recommendation on their part, or they're just being overly cautious.
I don't have the matte paint, but I think they put that disclaimer out because the matte paint can be easily scratched up. Not necessarily by the bag, but by the dirt and dust that can accumulate between the bag and the fender. You can always put clear vinyl on the fender to ensure that the fender doesn't get scratched up. Its worth it though. The bag has seen a lot of use since I put it on. And again, it keeps the line of the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just put a set of Angel GT's on the beast. Best upgrade to date. The stock dunlops felt 'squerly' when cornering but the angels just drop into the corners and feel like their on rails. Very happy so far.
Regards PendDraig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts