Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 1600 Classic. I would like to sit a little lower than stock and I am interested in a Corbin Young Guns seat. Does anyone have any pics of one installed? Is it lower than stock? How?s the all day comfort?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You should be able to find 1001 pictures on google. I've heard with the Corbins you sit IN the bike as opposed to ON it. Supposedly they are initially a harder seat but break in nicely after one to two thousand miles.

I'll be ordering a young guns seat from them at Daytona Biketoberfest next weekend. It'll be 10% off during the event. Not a huge discount, but it's one of the few times they offer any kind of discount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I have the 06 Nomad and find there's a a bit of a high spot in my seat right where my tail bone sits. Thinking about doing a little surgery this winter. Anyone had the same issue and a successful remedy?

·
Registered
457 Posts
The mustang seat will put you a couple of inches closer to the front and will make you feel that you are sitting on top of the seat and not in the seat.

From reading many posts, I have read the Corbin seat will put you a bit lower and a couple of inches farther back from the front.

The Ultimate seat is a bit wider and pretty much maintains the same position as the OEM seat does.

Don't know anything about the saddleman seats, except I read they are a thinner padding and feels hard after somes miles.

Thats the only ones I know or have read about

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
326 Posts
Hey Jimmy,
What’s a Chooch ???

Just wondering...

Luckymann77

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree with the mustang pushing you forward a little, seat is comfortable though. I am looking for something that sits back a little though. Any suggestions. Does the Corbin give you more room? I would like to keep the mustang pilion with driver backrest and try and find a seat just for the front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to have an Italian boss. He kept calling people a ?chooch?. I think it is the Italian word for donkey but i learned that in slang it is calling someone an ass. I?m sure the actual spelling is different. I thought it was funny and started using it for a screen name.

I have a Mustang seat with the backrest but no passenger seat. I like it and it is comfortable but I would like to be a little lower. I find I sit a little further forward with the Mustang compared to stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts