Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at that point where I want to add hard bags to my 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom SE (the black with orange trim). What do y'all recommend, not recommend? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on them but I also want something that follows the lines of the bike nicely.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Black with Orange trim huh? Hmmm only one thing comes to mind, LOL! :foot-in-mouth:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't have the SE model, but i do have some nice bags that really compliment the bikes lines. They are leather bags, but are lined with polypropylene, so they will not lose their shape, and are essentially 'hard' bags. They are from U.S. Saddlebags. I have been very pleased with them, and have gotten numerous comments on them.

Attachments

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
What's that?
Dare I mention it? Those are Harley colors, LOL! Couldn't resist! There are a few around here who fit Harley hard bags onto their Vulcans. Looks pretty good to I would say. There are a couple recent threads on it.

I like the look of Nomad bags on a 900 as well. But they are hard to find, near impossible. Corbin makes some that are color matched for our Vulcans, very expensive. There are other options as well. Can't speak on specifics.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Whiting has painted-to-match Mutazu bags. Mutazu bags generally come black; and with your paint scheme, I actually think black bags are probably your best bet.

Mutazu bags are decent bags. A little flimsy, but they look good and they hold up. There aren't a lot of other options for the 900. If you want to spend a bit more, the Corbin bags are phenomenal. I've seen them in person and messed with them; I don't own them. They are pricey though!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm at that point where I want to add hard bags to my 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom SE (the black with orange trim). What do y'all recommend, not recommend? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on them but I also want something that follows the lines of the bike nicely.
+1 for the Mutazu MU's... though don't even bother with the flimsy "free" mounting brackets they come with. Just get the OEM saddlebag brackets (like whiting and others did) and mount them that way. I bought the "upgraded" Mutazu brackets, but ended up having to make a custom stabilizer bar/support that runs between the two bags for more support when the bags are loaded. In fact, I'd say that no matter what bags you choose, the OEM brackets may be worth the $$.

There are several threads about the pros and cons of the Mutazu bags (for example: http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112633 and http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=262732) but overall, as long as they're mounted well, they work great.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went with Tsukayu. Vinyl covered strong bags. Lockable and spacious. Waterproof. Was unsure of look of big bags on custom but they are great. The vinyl matches the seat of my bike. Didn't want to have them painted to match bike as that would be more expensive than the vinyl.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts