Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen on the fourm about using Sea Foam a while back in the gas tank. What is the reason for doing this? I have 17000 miles on my bike and it is a 2007 LT. I do ride it at least once or twice a week. What is the sea foam suppose to do for our bikes? I did read on the can to use 1oz. per gal. of gas. Is that what you use?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Worked great for me! My 08 LT ran funny one nite after work and forum suggested seafoam to fix (supposedly removes the varnish internallly), tried it and no more problems. Wouldnt use it without reason to (its about $10) but when u need it.....

·
Registered
719 Posts
I use Chemtool B-12 in the bike and the boat, actually everything with an engine. $3 a bottle and does the same thing as Seafoam. Varnish isn't a big problem with E-10 gas since the alcohol eats the varnish. Both do a good job of keeping the combustion chamber, valves, all fuel system components clean.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yea, what they said. It'll help clean the carbon out of your engine. When you only have two little cylinders instead of 8 big ones, you notice the powerloss more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts