Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my VN900C which has 7,050 miles on it is going in for its scheduled serviice tomorrow. I was going to put in some Sea Foam for the first time tomorrow since the shop I go to is 60 miles away. Do you think it's better to add it to my fuel tank before the service, after the service, or it probably won't matter. I don't think I will probably add it to the oil since I change that every 800-1000 miles (I get unlimited oil changes and two services a year for free).

My bike seems to me to run a little on the rich side, but overall it runs well, so I'm curious to see if the Sea Foam will do anything.

Thanks,

-Rigor

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wow what a nice benefit, unlimited oil changes! Is that a general perk from the dealer you bought from, or some sort of service contract plan?

As to the SeaFoam, I can't think of any particular reason it would make a difference either way. Your service place won't notice it's in there, and it's just something nice to do for your bike every once in a while to keep things clean on the inside. I tend to use it about once a month.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you're talking about putting it in the crank case, I'd say about 100 miles before the oil change. Try reading what the side of the can says. I use synthetic oil and change mine every 4000 miles without any additives. Many people change theirs at 3000, especially if they're using dino oil or a blend. It's cheap insurance for a longer engine life. If you decide to go synthetic, I'd probably refrain from using Seafoam in the crank. To keep a long explanation short, it's not needed then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts