Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delivery guy picked it up and noticed a scuff on the fender in the bright sun.
Very small, smooth to the touch. Think it's in the clearcoat.
They tried to rub it out with some wax, which didn't work. Dealer said they aren't allowed to use compound.

Any ideas if I'm gonna be able to get the mark out easily or what to try?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Last March when I rode my new 1500 home I was dusting and noticed two small chips in the front fender. Called the Dealer and they replaced it a week later.(after interrogating me) The dammist thing happened, about a week after that I was installing my windshield and like a dumb a** I didn't throw a towel over my fender and I dropped a tiny allen wrench...yup, almost the same spots...two fresh chips. NO SH*T Moral of the story...BEATS ME!!

Have your Stealer order you a new one.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
My siamese cat did a number on my sport bike tank and put several scratches in the clearcoat, i took it to my favorite body shop, they lightly sanded the scratches with 1000 grit sandpaper, hit it with a commercial compound, polished it and no more scratches. Cost $25 and the cat lived another day. No evidence of scratches, nice job as the tank is gloss black.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Warranty states cosmetic flaws are not covered.
Dealer is thousand miles away, but maybe I can ask for some compensation
since it is a brand new bike.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There's a compound made by Meguirar's( Meguirar's PlastX) which is a clear plastic cleaner and polish....It removes "fine" scratches...I've used this often and I can tell you it does work....Used on snow sled windshields as well as my bike's windshield.....Not sure if you can get this in the states ---- give it a try...never know!!??

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
There's a compound made by Meguirar's( Meguirar's PlastX) which is a clear plastic cleaner and polish....It removes "fine" scratches...I've used this often and I can tell you it does work....Used on snow sled windshields as well as my bike's windshield.....Not sure if you can get this in the states ---- give it a try...never know!!??
Yup, got some at Wally's Meguiar's Plastx...use it on my windshield and lowers. works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts