Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello riders

I got an 500 from 1991 and i notist a Strange "screaming" from the engine Then im on the throttle. If im standing still and giving it gas its just normal Healthy engine Sound. Im thinking maybe clutch, cam Chain or gearbox?

Anyone with a tip ?

Claus

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Flywheel magnet ? That doesnt Sound good ..
Most likely the flywheel magnets......The older models had a 3 piece magnet design that was prone to failure.Newer models have a one piece that eliminates the problem. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the part you need if your original flywheel is faulty. Check first, you will probably find that the magnets are loose or broken. In any case I would advise changing to this part, the magnet cannot detach. The company is in Belgium, but I think they will ship internationally.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Flywheel-Mag...0?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_123&hash=item4d25ef7eba
Thank you very Much!

One more question, it Charging and starts as it Should, but it Can still be the flywheel ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im wondering about something.. Its only screams when im on the go but NOT when im on the throttle when its standing still .. Should it scream all the time if it is the flywheel ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would inspect the flywheel by removing the cover. You should see evidence of broken and/or detached magnets. If you are going to completely remove the flywheel to replace it yourself you will need a flywheel puller. If there is no visible damage I would still replace it with the new model flywheel as a precautionary measure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would inspect the flywheel by removing the cover. You should see evidence of broken and/or detached magnets. If you are going to completely remove the flywheel to replace it yourself you will need a flywheel puller. If there is no visible damage I would still replace it with the new model flywheel as a precautionary measure.
Okay thank you im doing it tomorow and you Will get feedback

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
I hear screaming from my engine as well it goes like, Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

1 - 12 of 12 Posts