Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did something really stupid tonight. Stopped at a gas station to get bugs off the windshield. Mistakenly used gas station paper towels to dry off the windshield, leaving tons of scratches on my new windshield. Anybody know if there's a way to buff them out, or am i stuck with a new, multi-scratched windshield?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I doubt you can buff them out but others here have suggested Lemon Pledge spray furniture polish that will likely hide most fine scratches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Meguiars #3 Mirror Glaze Machine glaze (or another light car polish) will work on light scratches. I own a detail shop and we buff plastic/light lens covers etc. It does depend on the type of plastic and if the scratches are too deep they may not come out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Classic Motoring website

http://hawg-wash.com/clearplastic.html

I have not used any of this stuff yet. However, they have the best polish and wax I have ever found and I got soft top and soft window cleaner for my Jeep here which works very well. The people are very friendly and helpfull here too.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Plexus.www.plexusplasticcleaner.com. I picked some up last night (local bike shop) and it removed the fine scratches I was beginning to get. Two thumbs up on this product! I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Plexus.www.plexusplasticcleaner.com. I picked some up last night (local bike shop) and it removed the fine scratches I was beginning to get. Two thumbs up on this product! I highly recommend it.
I bought a replacement Lexan windshield from a place I believe was called C. Baileys that makes aircraft windshields several years ago... they sent me a small bottle of Plexus with the windshield and I used it on my Goldwings shield... made it shine like a new one... I'd give it 2 thumbs up too.!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was going to recommend the Plexus too. I used to run a mobile detailing business and that is what I used on headlights/bike windshields.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts