Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am garaging my bike at a friend's house for the time being. Anyway, he went to move my bike and backed it into the outside of the garage door frame (house is made of brick). Long story short, there is a nice 3/4 by 1/2 inch area of scratches on the end of one of my exhaust pipes. It isn't too deep though.

Does anybody have any solutions on how to at least make it less visible? All suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That sucks. Scratches in Chrome are pretty hard to deal with especially if they are deep. You could try any number of metal polishes (Autozone can help you there) which might minimize it. Other than that it might be a good excuse to get that new V&H exhaust.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am garaging my bike at a friend's house for the time being. Anyway, he went to move my bike and backed it into the outside of the garage door frame (house is made of brick). Long story short, there is a nice 3/4 by 1/2 inch area of scratches on the end of one of my exhaust pipes. It isn't too deep though.

Does anybody have any solutions on how to at least make it less visible? All suggestions welcomed.
Flitz makes a great kit called a motorcycle detailers kit. I have it and love it. It's worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts