Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still getting used to my new Vulcan 2000 Custom Limited. A few questions for those with more knowledge then me.

Taking a right corner this afternoon my bottom pipes scraped the pavement. My old bike, Intruder 1500, would scrape the floor boards around a tighter corner. It supprised me that I could not take as tight of a curve and that the lower pipe would actually scrape the ground. Has anyone else experience this?

Is it worth moving to a Synthetic Blend or Totally Synthetic? My old bike I was running a Synthetic Blend. How many miles would you go on the choices of oil before an oil change.

What tire pressure is everyone using in both tires. I had learned not to pay attention the the manual. My old bike I ran 39 lbs. in each tire and was able to get 18,000 miles on a set of tires.

I humbly await your experience regarding this new bike.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dave, first hard right of ramp it took with my 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT I scrapped the pipes and a few times after that. Dumped the stock pipes for V&H Power Shots which sweep up before the mufflers and problem solved, sound pretty cool too.

Running Motul 5100 10/40 synthetic blend after a 5000 kms breakin with non synthectic Motul and engine likes the synthetic blend, but have been entertaining full synthetic as I am planning to go down to southern Utah on my summer holidays.

You won't be getting 18,000 miles out of your tires on the Vulcan 2000 classic. I have 18,000 kms on mine and just installed my third back tire and second front. Prefer the stock bridgestones over the radial 880 metzelers. The big power and weight is hard on tires, I run a lot of weight when travelling but run the stock factory recommended tire pressures and they work well, 36 lbs front and 42 lbs back.

loud pipes save lives :)
Jerry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jerry,

I had the suspension adjusted and the ride is not a cushy, especially when riding alone. But I am not bottoming out as much when my wife is on the back and I think it sits up higher around sharp corners. My mechanic suggests staying away from full synthetic saying it is a waist of money. If you change your oil every 3-4 thousand miles the engine oil is not breaking down yet. How often do you change your engine oil?

I am not used to a belt drive. Can I just ride without doing adjustments or is there maintanance that I need to be aware of? I have always had shaft drive.

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts