Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you use a Battery tender on the Scorpion AGM Battery? I was going to take my bike for a ride but the battery doesn't have enough charge to turn the starter. The full charge light on the tender was on. The bike started to turn over than I got the buzzing sound from the starter. I hooked the tender back up and the charge light came on. The battery is only a few months old.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If your model of battery tender is rated for AGM batteries then it is safe to use it. Have you checked the battery terminal connections to make sure they are good? Poor connections is a major source of headaches like you are describing.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure the tender is rated for AGM batteries or not. The battery connections are clean. A few minutes hooked to my 2/6 amp charger and the bike started right up. I'll check to see if my tender is rated for AGM batteries. If not I'll use it for my mower and buy one that is.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I looked it up and it is recommended not to use a regular charger on AGM batteries as they can damage them from over charging/heating shorting the life of the battery. I use a Battery minder on mine as it covers several types and it desulfinates.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to buy a new battery tender for my motorcycle. I bought the Battery Tender Plus that the package said was rated for AGM batteries. I put the other tender on my riding mower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts