Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We installed a set of these risers Friday on my 2016 Voyager. Fairly easy installation and brought the stock handlebars up and back an inch plus. Plenty of cable and no need to reroute anything.

Scootworks - Kawasaki Handlebar Risers, PhatRisers, Riser Extensions, & Riser Accessories

Your Shopping Cart

$84 shipped using the smc814 discount code shown ($5 bucks off)

Much more comfortable arrangement for me now....not reaching with my fingertips for the grips.

Note that the bolts that come with the Scootworks risers are 22 mm...the stock bolts are 19 mm. Instructions mention the stock 19mm but do not say the bolts provided are bigger.

And get the washer underneath snug on the bottom with your fingers before inserting the new bolt. If you don't the washer hangs up and bolt will not fully engage. Def a 2 person job and have some long extentions for your ratchet to get the bolts off and on. And the bars are heavy...be sure to cover the gas tank and have a buddy hold the bars when the 4 bolts are loosened.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I put on the Chuckster's risers this past weekend VN1700 Nomad, Classic, and Voyager Handlebar risers ? Chucksters Customs basically the same thing as Scootworks. An extra hand would be helpful, but it can be done with one person if you take your time and are careful. My stock nuts were 20mm and the new nuts are 22mm. Swivel extensions are a must. The left riser is a pain to get on and off because the main harness runs right under the nut, but it can be done. The book says to torque the new nuts to 44 ft-lb, but they are much tighter then that from the factory. My electric 1/2" impact rated at 160 ft-lb didn't even budge them. The lower riser (the part the bar sits in) has arrows and those go to the top. The clamp (the piece with 2 bolts) has a small cut on them and that goes to the bottom

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great write up and your comment about left riser being more difficult to get on is spot on. Same with getting the stock bolts off......they are way way torqued on. And def long swiveled extentions are a must.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts