1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think that's all we talked about last week. Just look at the last two pages of posts. Well, we did talk gutted exhausts too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrClean-
Yeh--I woke up this morning and thought "I know--I'll use the search function". Crazy. I found all kinds of info.

Looks like I'll be changing pulleys!

·
Banned
102 Posts
my brother just put a 200 tire on the back and the belt barley fit that pulling bigger or smaller dont know if it would fit now, and how much does it take offf the line power

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rollingbones. Those threads actually came up when I searched this morning. Your write up is very helpful and helped me realize that it would be worth the money and effort to make the change.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I am thinking about the Scootworks Overdrive Pulley--front, as a way to cut my rpms on highway driving.
Here's the link:
http://www.shopscootworks.com/productdetail.htm?browse=-18649&productId=-127997&shopBy=-3078&catalogId=-799

If you have installed it, I would be interested in hearing how tough it was to install and how it performs.

Thanks-
I just ordered last week a front and rear pulley from meancycles.com as scootworks aparently had some supply problems and they were avail at this site, I hope to have then in time for my trip to the Grand Canyon, ....

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7867

I will not be installing these myself as i am severely mechanicly (and spelling) challanged. I will be offering a full overview of the both of them installed, especially since i will be towing a trailer, and for a third of the trip riding 2 up.

I look forward to the lack of "buzzing" at the 70 mph range.

Cheers Maurice

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you look at the post you're referencing, you'll see a number in the upper right hand corner. If you mouse over it you'll see it's a link. Right click on that and copy the link location. Then use it to hyperlink something like RollingBones Second link and we'll go right to the post your referencing instead of searching a 4 page thread, even though all 4 pages are riveting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts